Helix 7 – Not Reading Correct Depth At High Speed

• Wesley Trebesch

My dad got a Helix 7 before our trip to Lac Seul last month. We tested it out several times prior to our trip and tried adjusting the transducer but a lot of times at high speed it would not read the proper depth. We would be tooling along in 30+ FOW and next thing you know it’s reading like 200’/just bouncing around in some unrealistic bottom reading in the hundreds. Most times, if you look at the actual chart, the bottom is being read at the correct depth but the number readout is obviously not correct.

Curious if anyone else has experienced this. Do we need to adjust the transducer or do we have a setting wrong or….?

Thanks in advance for any thoughts, tips, or suggestions.

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Prescott

What duecer?

Really doesn’t matter, if adjusted properly it should read bottom.

Duecer should not be in caviting/turblent water.

It should skim the surface of water when WOT.

It should be level with the world, when the boat is on the water and moving wot.

There’s probably 15 pages of helpful information in the manual regarding transducer installation.

BBC boards has many pictures and examples of properly installed duecers.

David Blais

I believe there is an update for this

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Prescott

People also like to turn the surface clutter to zero. You do not want to do that. Keep it between 5&7.

Denny O
    Central IOWA

I used the “Y” splitter cable and added the high speed ducer to mine when I changed my 987csi out and installed the 1198csi. Completely resolved my tracking depth issues.

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Prescott

I used the “Y” splitter cable and added the high speed ducer to mine when I changed my 987csi out and installed the 1198csi. Completely resolved my tracking depth issues.

Some hulls that is needed.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.