Helix 7 Ice mode while hole hopping…

• Kirk Charipar
    west central wi

Helix 7 Chirp G2 with ice transducer. When I hole hop, it seems to take awhile before it finally shows a correct display in flasher mode screen. If I power it off, then turn back on, instantly it reads correctly. Anyone else having this issue?

reddog

Try changing your max depth in the sonar menu to a number deeper than you typically will ever encounter. Like 100 feet or so. Get it off of auto. Give that a try.

Bassn Dan

How long is “a while?”

My G-4 can take about 30 seconds to find bottom in manual depth mode in shallow water – REALLY annoying when scouting a new area.

Kirk Charipar
    west central wi

I have played with max depth mode. Fished 20fow in a 40fow max body of water. Did same thing, but not always.

Time it takes to “adjust” 1 to 2 minutes, or until I get frustrated and just hit the power button to power off then back on.

Transducer was centered in hole and beneath bottom of ice; although sometimes that won’t matter. All updates done except the very latest one, but wouldn’t think it’s an update related issue.

reddog

There’s 2 max depth settings, one in the sonar menu as shown above. And one in the 2D screen menu.

I don4 know which one you tried, but the one above should help you. When it takes a long time to aquire bottom, it’s because it’s searching from 0 to 1500 feet to find itself. Dropping off auto to a manual setting of let’s say 50, shortens the search time

muskie-tim
    Rush City MN

Thank you Reddog will give that a try. Interesting about the SI setting also.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.