Heated ATV Handgrips and Throttle

• dwalton

I was just reading through the ATV gloves thread and thought I’d start another one for the heated grips so I don’t hijack the other thread. What heated grips/throttle kit’s do you recommend? Mine crapped out on me about a year ago and I haven’t replaced them yet and would like to hear some opinions on them.

munchy
    NULL

I have a CanAm so went with CanAm. However I damaged one of the grips so I have a hybrid of Heat Demon grips with CanAm throttle and controller.

The CanAm controller is nice because it has 4 different heat settings and separate controls for grips and throttle.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Tusk Lock On ATV Heated Grip Kit.
    Comes with 5 positions Heat setting control. Runs about $50

The only down fall is the thumb adapter is sold separately. I didn’t realize that when I bought it.

Works awesome

dbright
    Cambridge

I had the heat demon on my foreman for years. The worked extremely well. High was always to warm.

Heat Demon

David Bollig

I have the Moose brand heated grips and throttle. 5 settings independently adjustable temperature settings on grips and throttle. Have had on since 2009 still functional.

JoeMX1825
    MN

I have the Moose brand heated grips and throttle. 5 settings independently adjustable temperature settings on grips and throttle. Have had on since 2009 still functional.

same, they work well

dwalton

Thanks for the info. I watched a video on installing the Tusk hand warmers and it looked pretty straight forward, so I ended up finding some Tusk warmers on Ebay with the thumb warmer for $60.

Lynn Seiler

I’m interested in putting heated grips on my atv. But I really don’t want to tear it apart to install the wiring. Is it possible to power them with a cigarette lighter accessory socket plug?

milemark_714

I’m interested in putting heated grips on my atv. But I really don’t want to tear it apart to install the wiring. Is it possible to power them with a cigarette lighter accessory socket plug?

I went that route with mine,plus 2020 Kodiak 450 is not generous with extra acc leads.Nothing to really tap into up front,and stuff is hard to get at on this model.And did not want to use the janky scotch connectors.

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

I went that route with mine,plus 2020 Kodiak 450 is not generous with extra acc leads.Nothing to really tap into up front,and stuff is hard to get at on this model.And did not want to use the janky scotch connectors.

Learned the hard way, just bite the bullet with every ATV and wire a terminal block directly off the battery to some convenient place under the seat or wherever.

Then wire in the winch, the sprayer connector/switch, the heated hand grips, the extra lights, the depth finder, the GPS unit, etc, etc, etc. all back to the terminal block. No splicing, no dicing, everything has its own fuse and there isn’t a giant stack of terminal loops on the battery posts.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.