Heat hog heaters

• CaptainMusky

My head hurts and my eyes are burning by just reading that lol

Lol I was feeling the same way

Don’t forget the melting and burning of everything around them too haha

Or how dang loud they are! Fish with one of those things and someone with an FL8 and its like you’re at USBank stadium

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

My big buddy has been falling apart since day one. Plastic broke on one side and the whole housing is disconnected. But damn if it still works and has for 7 years.

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

Funny how people have different preferences. I have a Big Buddy and literally never use it. It just seems so big and bulky. I find it easier to throw a sunflower or better yet sunflower cooker so I can make food at the same time.

Gregg Gunter

Bringing this to the top. I too have a Big Buddy that I never use. I sold my hub shelter so don’t really need it. But the medium Hog Heater might be useful.
    What are y’all liking or not about your Hog Heaters?

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I won a heat hog 18000 btu at a sportsman raffle the other day. I played with it in my garage a bit. I don’t know if I like the battery ignition but other then that, it’s sweet

Gregg Gunter

Do your Heat Hog have a fan? Batteries other than the ignition?

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Anybody on here use one all last season and have comments on how it fared? I’ll probably be buying a new buddy heater as mine is like Crappies, basically no plastic left on the thing but still fires up after two clicks.

ekruger01

Anybody on here use one all last season and have comments on how it fared? I’ll probably be buying a new buddy heater as mine is like Crappies, basically no plastic left on the thing but still fires up after two clicks.

I ran both of mine all winter. Never had an issue. tilt feature was super nice, Ran a small USB powered computer fan in teh 450xd and eskape 2600 and never had an issue being cold.

Ron Burgundy
    Utica MN

My 9000 btu unit takes 5+ minutes for the white plate to fully glow. Then on lo it barely stays lit and blue flame flickers like the last few seconds b4 my Buddy runs out of gas. They will not take it back to fix it. They will not replace it. Only send parts for me to fix!!

Viewing 9 posts - 31 through 39 (of 39 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.