Heading up

• saldydog
    Scales Mound IL

Heading up to Driftwood Aug 22 fot the 1st time. Goin after all species,walleye, northern and smallies.
    any advice?

riverrookie
    Kasson, MN

I was up there last week. Kab was tough. Talked to three local guides who recommended Namaken or portage over to Rainy at Kettle Falls. We did find fish on the reefs but they had lock jaw. We caught keepers one day on Little Richie. Smallies were fairly easy to come by fishing the shallow rocks with a BX Minnow, a few larger walleyes mixed in doing this on Ram Island. Good Luck, hook up with local guide Don Granger(sp?) I know he had some guys in the resort on good fish while we were up there, may be worth the investment. I think he gets $300 a day for 2 guys.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Heading up to Driftwood Aug 22 fot the 1st time. Goin after all species,walleye, northern and smallies.
    any advice?

I generally fish the east end however i’m going up Tuesday and will be on the west end alot I think. I’ll try and post some info if I come up with anything. Much will depend on how far you wanna run to get on fish.

saldydog
    Scales Mound IL

Thank ya for the info. Looking forward to getting up there

saldydog
    Scales Mound IL

Pumped up and ready to go
    Ready to run wherever the bite is

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

I sent you a PM, good luck!!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.