Heading that way

• leinieman
    Chippewa Valley (Dunnville Bottoms)

Heading over to Alexandria area on Friday the 2nd. Planning on getting out and maybe fishing Miltona or somewhere Friday evening. Have an extra room for Friday night and Saturday night if any one wants to fish shoot me a message. Hopefully the fish bite. I will be staying a week so hope to find some fish.

Kris Berg

Did you end up finding some fish?

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

I was out on Ida and Osakis last weekend and it was kind of brutal. Moved around a lot, started on weedlines and only got a few gills with a couple nice ones mixed in, then tried the basins for crappies and didn’t find much. First time I’ve fished the Alex area though so people with more knowledge could probably do better.

leinieman
    Chippewa Valley (Dunnville Bottoms)

Yep found some walleye’s in Miltona and some crappies in that area also. Walleye were to be found from 23 to 27 feet on a break that went from 20 to roughly 45 feet. Water very clear and it was a early evening bite from about 5:30 to 6:30 and it was done where I was. I tried the early morning also but no luck. I was probably in the wrong spot. It was till only about 6:00 am so setup in about 19 feet thinking they would be moving from shallower to deeper water but nope. I’m up by Detroit this next week to see what that area is like. Did catch a huge carp. Should of took a picture of it probably about 15-20 pounds. Thought I had the world record eye on till I seen it.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.