HDS7 Gen2 Touch feedback wanted

• Husker26
    Gretna, NE

I’ve just purchased the unit but plan on installing this weekend. Just wondering what the feedback is on these units. My local Cabelas didn’t have one on display to play around with but they look really nice from what I’m seeing on the web. Just wanting to know if anyone that has one can share any info.

dandorn
    M.I.N.N.E.S.O.T.A.

I’m very happy with the HDS touch screen units. Make sure yours is running the 4.0 software so you get the GenIII user interface.

Once you set up your data overlays you’re good to go.

skeeter20
    Winnie/Grand Rapids,MN

They are a great unit all around! You will be very happy with your purchase.

CaptainMusky

I’m very happy with the HDS touch screen units. Make sure yours is running the 4.0 software so you get the GenIII user interface.

Once you set up your data overlays you’re good to go.

Agreed on all accounts. I purchased a HDS 7 Gen 2 touch a few months back and went straight to 4.0 because of the Motorguide Gateway. The interface is much much nicer.
    The one thing I noticed though is it was tough to recognize the “touch” for closing some of the windows, etc. I calibrated the touch screen and it was flawless!
    How you do this is power off the unit. Then hit and hold the pages button and hit the power button, hold it until the HDS screen pops up then release the power button, but still hold the pages button. The calibration screen will pop up, then just follow the instructions and you will be good to go.
    Absolutely love the touch unit.

skeeter20
    Winnie/Grand Rapids,MN

To calibrate the screen…..(NOT PAGES KEY. That is a soft reset)

1- Turn unit off
    2- Press and hold the WAYPOINT key, then power on
    3- Hold WAYPOINT key threw power up until your hear the 2nd beep or the calibration screen appears
    4- Touch crosshairs then the unit will restart

Husker26
    Gretna, NE

Awesome! Thank you guys for the input! I have a new question but I’ll start a new topic on that next.

CaptainMusky

To calibrate the screen…..(NOT PAGES KEY. That is a soft reset)

1- Turn unit off
    2- Press and hold the WAYPOINT key, then power on
    3- Hold WAYPOINT key threw power up until your hear the 2nd beep or the calibration screen appears
    4- Touch crosshairs then the unit will restart

My bad, thanks for the correction.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.