HDS Carbon freeze screen

• Dr. Pomoxis

Hi guys,

I have 2 networked HDS Carbon units. My bow mounted unit will turn on, but freezes on the LOWRANCE HDS screen. I can’t turn it off without unplugging or turning off the master power switch on the boat console. I have tried a soft reset. It seems like if I reset the unit, it will work when i restart it. But it has happened every time I take the boat out. My console unit works fine. Interestingly, this AM, I turned on the bow mount unit first, and it worked right away. I then turned on the console unit, and it “restarted” the bow mount and went into a freeze screen. Does this sound like a network issue? Any suggestions?

Thanks

39degrees

My carbon is doing something similar, but not exactly the same. However, it is very intermittent. Performed a soft and hard reset last year did not resolve the issue. My does not seem to be a network issue because this winter i brought it inside and hooked it up to my ice fishing battery. It would freeze on the startup screen one out of ten times. Had to unplug to turn it off. It has done it once this year open water. It also turned off and restarted once this year open water. I loaded the new software before open water this year and that did not solve it. Since mine works most of the time i now am trying to ignore it. By the way mine is networked to a live unit.

Ripjiggen

How do you have them networked?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.