HDS 7 Horizontal lines on screen

• asch
    Eastern Iowa

I have an HDS 7 gen 1 that fine horizontal lines on the bottom 25% of the screen on all pages including the startup and power down screen. I hooked it to a battery out of the boat and it still has the lines so I don’t think it is any kind of interference. Sonar and GPS work. I am afraid the monitor is crapping out. Has anyone seen this before?

dandorn
    M.I.N.N.E.S.O.T.A.

Sounds like maybe it got wet.

CaptainMusky

Are you saying the battery you used was not hooked up in the boat or to anything else?

If not, A couple things to try in case you haven’t don’t so already. When you are noticing the lines, do you have anything else that is running that is also connected to that battery? Outboard? Trolling Motor? Radio? Etc?
    Its possible its getting feedback from one of those, my money would be on the outboard depending if it has sparkplugs with a resistor or not in it. Most newer motors would have this, but old ones may not unless you changed them intentionally.
    I found this out long ago with snowmobiles. If you didn’t have the “R” in the plug name and when riding around radios or tvs it would actually cause interference with them. I haven’t seen it in many years though.
    A screenshot of what you are seeing might be helpful, if you can share some settings too it might be helpful. Do you have auto sensitivity turned on? Surface clarity on? Its weird that it would be on all of the screens, my bet was interference, but if there was nothing else hooked up to the same battery then possibly it got wet like previously mentioned.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.