1197 freezes up

• Mike Klein
    Hastings, MN

My 1197 freezes up from time to time. a few times a day. The power wont go off. I need to use master power to reset it. Anyone else have this. Otherwise th eunit is fine. If I need it in for warranty how long willl it take to get back. I fish pool4 all winter.

Grouse_Dog
    The Shores of Lake Harriet

Seems like there are a few issues with these units. Love the side imaging!!!

Hopefully, they will get the kinks worked out

mojogunter

Have you ever done a software update? There have been a few since I bought mine a couple of years ago. You should really do it if you haven’t because now with the latest update you will have down imaging for free. That most likely is the problem. If you haven’t updated it you can send me a PM, and I will send you the file to update it.

jhalfen

This is a new one for me.

Best bet: Call HB customer service first thing in the AM. They open at 8 CST. Have your serial # on hand.

Toll-free: 1-800-633-1468

trytoofish
    sw Mn.

I just received this email. it may help!

I have been recieving quite a few emails and PM in regards to units locking up after or during the update and wanted to post this for everyone again.

All or at least all of the problems I have heard about during updates have been when users have inserted the SD card prior to Powering on the Unit. I have this problem on my 997c, it will not take an update if I put the SD card in first.

The Official Humminbird Website says to Power On the Unit, then Insert the SD Card!
    http://www.humminbird.com/support/FAQ.aspx?faqid=35

After you have Restored the Factory Defaults, just insert the SD card and the unit will begin the update. You can power it down and back on again if you want, but wait until it is completely booted up before sticking the SD card in the slot.

A lot of older material says to insert the SD card before you power on. This will work with most units, but I highly recommend you do not use this method! This is how the original updates were done, and it was later changed.

Robert

Wade Boardman
    Grand Rapids, MN

Awesome updates guys. I’ve updated my 997c using the old instructions without any problems to date. If I start to have problems, I’ll know where to start.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.