2010 Humminbird Information?

• icefishingelite
    Leinies WI

After alot of research I am finally in the market for the Humminbird SI and with the awesome sale prices on the larger units Ive come to a crossroad. Should i pick up an 09 unit on sale? The I cast video said a release of september for the 2010 model with alot of bonuses. Anybody have a rough date to look forward to?
    The 2010 model likely will not have a sale price setting me back on size availability. The new 800 series sounds interesting with a 7″ square screen with the addition to the family will the 900 and 1100 series price rise?
    The lake naming and waypoint editting sound to good to pass up!
    Any information from those in the know would be awesome

jhalfen

New product information from Humminbird/MinnKota is just starting to trickle down to the guys in the field, like me (example: I just received my first dose of i-Pilot info today). As soon as I get some details in hand, I’ll pass them on to the group.

Wade Boardman
    Grand Rapids, MN

I can’t imagine what updates will be in the new programs that will be that much better than what I’ve got now. With that being said, I’m sure I don’t use my 997 to it’s full potential.

I’m a little bummed that I bought my 997 earlier this spring. I’d love to pick up a 1197 for the prices I’ve seen on here.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Things are still pretty tight-lipped at H-bird for 2010 features. I was told most of it will be the software

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

One of the features that I picked up from watching the Icast videos was the ability to organize waypoints and routes into an organizational structure specific to individual bodies of water. Talk about a HUGE advancement. As a guy that wanders all over the place having to sort through waypoints organized by name and number leaves a lot to be desired. This new feature alone will be a huge deal for me.

jd318
    NE Nebraska

I saw that too, James. I can see where that could be very helpful for some people.

JD

icefishingelite
    Leinies WI

On the 2009 models when a waypoint is saved are they all the same form of waypoint and numbered there after? Can u select different waypoints ie. crib, rock pile, wingdam then numbered there after? Can the names be editted to any extent on the current models?

Mat

acar555
    Omaha, NE

On the current models you can change both the waypoint name and icon. You can also use HumminbirdPC to do this on your computer, which is easier than on the unit since you have a keyboard.

Jami Ritter
    Hastings, MN

Quote:

One of the features that I picked up from watching the Icast videos was the ability to organize waypoints and routes into an organizational structure specific to individual bodies of water. Talk about a HUGE advancement. As a guy that wanders all over the place having to sort through waypoints organized by name and number leaves a lot to be desired. This new feature alone will be a huge deal for me.

James, you ever use the lakemaster contour pro software? Wondering if the bird waypoints will transfer to the countour pro software?

I’ve been spending sometime with it, trying to organize waypoints and trails.. Need to stay on top of it..

Jami

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.