Re: Just announced: Lakemaster chips for Humminbir

• absolute2ks
    Chippewa Falls, WI

I did not want to bust up Jason’s Post

Quote:

From DocFrigo

Really, the only thing wrong with lowrance is customer service. Their downlooking sonar still is the tops and now with the new stuff they are coming out with—look out humminbird. Will just wait a year for the bugs to get worked out.

I think Lowrance may have something here but I do not believe they will have it working correctly in a year I think it will be more like you will be on hold for a year… They do not have the waterproof and Nav. chip thing cleared up yet from what I am being told by the Wholesalers…At least right now they have there work cut out for them. Looks like also you are looking at about $4000.00 by the time you buy the mount and have it hooked up for me that is a tough sale when the bird is $2500 mounted and a 1″ larger screen. I guess fisherman have cash but the ? is how much…

——————–
    2K’S

docfrigo
    Wisconsin

Jason doesn’t mind when we highjack his thread.
    From what I was told, the upgrade was a transducer and update for the unit-which was going to be fairly reasonable,,,,,,but those things change.
    The side imaging stuff is AWESOME!, but very expensive.

absolute2ks
    Chippewa Falls, WI

My thinking might be a little off on the numbers but
    Cabela’s has
    the HDS10 unit for $2299
    the upgrade is $600
    a good mount $135
    install is maybe $200

so I stand corected at about $3400 w/tax

vs about $2700 w/tax for the bird

sorry bad numbers I thought the HDS unit was more like $2500 +

docfrigo
    Wisconsin

Wow, 600 for the upgrade-that is WAY more than I was told it would be.
    2700 for the bird, wayyyyyyyyy to expensive as well.
    Guess I’ll be waiting longer for the SI stuff–until these companies get their heads out of the clouds.

Never thought the day would come that I’d have to open a home equity line of credit to purchase a depth finder.
    For that price (humminbird), I could go out and buy a yami T-8 or be in the direction of saving for a new boat.
    Just plain outlandish.

whittsend

I though Chiropractors were rolling in the cash???? Whats 4k here, 3k there…????

whittsend

The Lowrances’s do look promising – I’ll admit that… But do they have a definite, clear edge over the HB?? I’m not so sure from what I have seen so far. The down scan feature is nice, but I can “see” the same information from looking at the SI output. I’d probably wait at least til they are a little more proven.. Until then, there were some good deals on the home page on this site for the HB’s. Sounds like a much cheaper option, at least so far. Nice to hear about the Lakemaster chips!!!

Mike

absolute2ks
    Chippewa Falls, WI

I also think the down scan thing looks nice but with the bird (and maybe the lowrance) thru testing I beleve in 20fow you only lose about a foot or two of the image with the bird in a drive over situation

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.