Just announced: Lakemaster chips for Humminbirds

• jhalfen

One of the things that Humminbirds have been missing to date is the ability to use Lakemaster map chips. Well, that wait is about to end!

LakeMaster just announced that they will release chips compatible with new (2010) 700, 900, and 1100 series Humminbird Units. Current Birds will likely be compatible with the new Lakemaster chips through a software upgrade (an easy download from the Humminbird website).

6 chips are planned: Dakotas, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Iowa/Illinois, LOTW/Rainy, and Michigan.

That’s all the information I have right now. As I learn more, especially regarding pricing and availability, I’ll pass it along.

Thanks Crosbystick for pointing this out to me!

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

Jason, I have heard rumors of this for a while as well and it’s good to hear they are moving forward as planned. I’ll be nice for Humminbird users to have full freedom of choice.

tonyplut
    Burnsville/Mille Lacs

FINALLY- See ya Lowrance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

absolute2ks
    Chippewa Falls, WI

Quote:

LakeMaster just announced that they will release chips compatible with new (2010) 700, 900, and 1100 series Humminbird Units. Current Birds will likely be compatible with the new Lakemaster chips through a software upgrade (an easy download from the Humminbird website).

Is humminbird changing up models for 2010 with all the price blowouts

Jami Ritter
    Hastings, MN

Quote:

FINALLY- See ya Lowrance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Exactly!! Now who here has a couple grand laying around to buy me a new bird!!

Jami

docfrigo
    Wisconsin

Really, the only thing wrong with lowrance is customer service. Their downlooking sonar still is the tops and now with the new stuff they are coming out with—look out humminbird. Will just wait a year for the bugs to get worked out.
    About time humminbird was able to handle the lakemaster stuff.

whittsend

So I will have to buy a new “HB-compatible” Lakemaster chip?

I’m assuming the 2009 Rainy-LOW chip that I just bought will not be compatible in my 997 even after the software updates… Sound about right? Or will the old chips work after the software upgrades?

Either way, good to hear.

KirtH
    Lakeville

Saaweeet

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

I’ll buy your old chip if you have to upgrade. At a discounted rate of course.

It’s so good to see these two companies come together to work out the details so the consumers benefit.

whittsend

Quote:

I’ll buy your old chip if you have to upgrade. At a discounted rate of course.

It’s so good to see these two companies come together to work out the details so the consumers benefit.

Kooty – I’ll keep that in mind… Remind me next season if/when this all goes down. I probably would buy the 2010 rainy/low chip for the HB if my current chip is not compatible. Might depend on if Lakemaster runs any sort of trade-in deals… Would be soooooo much nicer to run the chip on the 997 vs the h20c.

Mike

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.