Side Imaging Help

• hop307
    Northern Todd County

Ok, so I have been having issues with the right side of on my 898hd. The right side in the picture is the side facing shore and the return is showing weak. I have rerouted the transducer cable away from other wires as possible, I have also brought it to a dealer to make sure that the transducer is mounted properly(which it is).

So would it be possible that my transducer has gone bad? I have also asked humminbird and they suggested that I try to find another head unit to rule out the head unit being bad, but I do not know of anybody else that has a side imaging unit.

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Prescott

Few things here.

Does this only happen in shallow, or does it happen in deep also?

I see weeds on your graph…They could be blocking your SI on the right side, as that was the shore side and most likely has more weeds…So, it’s going to get a weaker return because of the weeds in the way.

Is your duecer mounted left of your motor? Cavitation and your motor could be interfering with your transducer beam on the right side.

Boat lean, if your boat is leaning to one side, it will cause images like yours.

If it’s not happening in deep water I think it’s a combination of weeds and maybe some boat lean.

If it also happens in deep water, your motor is in the way.

Could also be a shallow ridge causing the bottom behind it to be shadowed.

Provide answers to the above questions and we can take it a step further.

hop307
    Northern Todd County

Thanks for the help I had replied to you and tried to send you a PM but must have missed the cut off to the change to “read only”. I looked up some info on a Humminbird Side Imaging forum. And there were some others with the same problem as mine. So it looks like there was a bad batch of transducers last spring.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.