Humminbird 1198

• muskeye
    Duluth, Mn

I’ve got a 1198 that forgets its presets every time I turn the unit off. It saves all the settings, but every time I turn the unit on, I have to page through and re-save the shortcut. Anyone else have this problem?

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Do you have all the updates loaded on it?

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Prescott

That’s a new one.
    I’m assuming you are not running it in simulation mode when starting it up.
    HBird has pretty good customer service. I’d give them a jingle. It has happened where they forgot to load a set of software and no updates will help.
    Back in 2010 or 11 when i got mine my mapping wouldn’t show up…They forgot to install it…Emailed me a file to upload and problem was resolved very quickly.

trytoofish
    sw Mn.

if you have a master power switch that your 1198 is connected to and you are shutting off. they do lose their memeory. connect direct to a battery or a power source that is on all the time

muskeye
    Duluth, Mn

I just got the boat used, so I’m not sure of the updates, I’ll have to check. It is connected to a master power switch, but I have a buddy with the same unit and he actually removes the graph for travel or storage and he doesn’t lose his presets.

eyekatcher
    Lakeville, MN

If the shortcuts you are looking for are for Ethernet accessories, you will need to wait till the accessories are recognized on the accessories screen before the views are available.
    This may take a couple of minutes.
    Also the GPS may take time to locate adequate satellites prior to displaying some screens.
    E.G. the 360 views or I-Pilot Link options.

gizmoguy
    Crystal,MN

What he is saying is you need to shut down the unit with it’s power switch. If you just throw the master power switch the unit will not go through it’s shutdown protocols thus not saving the presets, trails and screen data configurations. You can unhook from the power supply after that.

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Prescott

Always power down via the power button. HOld for 3 seconds…

Mine is never left on the boat and always remembers shortcuts. I do have a master switch that i shut off, but for the most part always power down properly.

muskeye
    Duluth, Mn

I never throw the master switch before correctly powering the unit down. I’ll wait a few minutes next time to see if it recognizes my presets. It is hooked up to an interlink.

muskeye
    Duluth, Mn

Looks like I need to learn some patience. Waiting a few miinutes for gps to acquire signal seems to have resolved this issue.

eyekatcher
    Lakeville, MN

What I do is when I am preparing to launch.
    After I remove the cover off the boat
    and install the 1198,
    I power it up to attain satellites while I am
    prepping the rest of the boat.
    Usually does so by the time I hit the water.

eyekatcher
    Lakeville, MN

RE: It happens all the time.

not clear what you are trying to say as the problems previously described are resolved by the actions suggested.

muskeye
    Duluth, Mn

I would do that on my old boat, but I could also reach my bird. The new boat has a master power switch that I need to be in the boat to reach. Anyways, problem fixed.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.