Humminbird Please make a hand held GPS

• benelli-bob
    Eagan, MN

I own a Lowrance H2Oc. I do not like it. I purchased it when I did because it would run Lakemaster Chips. That is the only good thing regarding the Lowrance H20C.

I own a HB 898 and 788 for my boat along with a Terrova Ipilot link LOVE IT!!!

I think I would be safe in saying that the reason most of you bought your H2O’s was to run LM chips. I would say the success of the H20 was not the GPS but the Lake Master chip.

I think that if Humminbird made a handheld color GPS that would run LM HD chips it would be a huge success!!!!!

What do you guys think?? Please express your thoughts in hope we can get Humminbird’s attention and maybe make it happen? Maybe some of you with more direct connections with Hummingbird can communicate this. Maybe they are in the process of making this? I don’t see how it would not be a huge success.

Bob

to_setter
    Stone Lake, WI

YES; I’m on board too. I’ve had that same thought many times; most recently when I had to rig up a board to hold my 1198, GPS puck, and Vexilar battery so I could have accurate mapping on Rainey lake while driving the houseboat. To have the same LM chip on a handheld would have been much nicer……

Wade Boardman
    Grand Rapids, MN

Put me on the waiting list. HB, be sure to incorporate terrestrial maps as well. A hand held unit for the hunter/fisherman would be a hot commodity.

muskie-tim
    Rush City MN

Put me on that list also.

mike ice

Me too! I’ve suggested to HB the last 2 years they need to make a handheld since they have the Lakemaster chips. I know they would have a huge market in the upper Midwest. Make it so it covers both topographical[land] and lakes in one unit, less manufacturing costs.
    A 788 doesn’t fit in my pocket very well.

benelli-bob
    Eagan, MN

Quote:

Put me on the waiting list. HB, be sure to incorporate terrestrial maps as well. A hand held unit for the hunter/fisherman would be a hot commodity.

Wade I agree topo data is a must too.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.