HB 1198 Si question

• bigdog10
    Waterloo, Iowa

How long is the power cord for this unit?

BassEye
    rochester,mn

I have 998si at the console on 16ft nitro bass boat. I would think it have the same length 8ft-10ft maybe.

bigdog10
    Waterloo, Iowa

4 to 6 feet? So do you have to buy an extension if going from console of an 18.5 ft boat to the battery in back?

reddog

You will have to fabricate an extension to get to the rear battery compartment.

Eric Rehberg
    Eau Claire, WI

Quote:

4 to 6 feet? So do you have to buy an extension if going from console of an 18.5 ft boat to the battery in back?

Im not sure on what boat you have, but yes if you want to wire it directly to the battery you will more than likely need to add on some wire.
    The newer boats that I have dealt have power leads already ran under the console. They hook into a main fuse panel under that dash that has one set of power leads coming from the battery. Kind of like your house wiring. You have the main panel and then smaller leads coming off of it.

If you have a main panel or circuit breakers near the dash you can tie into one of those sets of power leads coming off of there. Otherwise you will have to run some wire to reach all the way to the rear to the battery.

bigdog10
    Waterloo, Iowa

If you have a main panel or circuit breakers near the dash you can tie into one of those sets of power leads coming off of there. Otherwise you will have to run some wire to reach all the way to the rear to the battery.

Year 2000 Ranger 185 so I’m sure there is a set of leads under the dash. Will crawl under there and check it out. Duh on my part.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.