New 998

• grampatim
    Spirit Lake, IA

Getting ready to install side imaging transducer on a 2003 619. Both Ranger and Humminbird suggested the red x in the picture.
    Looks like I will be glassing a ducer in the hull for on plane reading. Has anyone here mounted a puck in front of the bilge and livewell pumps under the floor hatch on the bow side of the pumps? Or am I going to have to pull the oil tank and contort myself to mount it behind the pumps? Ranger would not give me a definitive answer. Joe Palmere would only say that it should work but wouldn’t guarantee it. Also anyone used marine grade silicon instead of epoxy? Would like to be able to move it if it doesn’t work.
    Sorry this post is so long, thanks in advance.

rogerr
    Maplewood, MN

Hi,
    On typical Humminbird 2D/SI/DI installs on glass boats you mount the supplied HDSI xducer high enough on the transom to protect it from trouble – but still be operational for SI/DI work and use a splitter cable connected to a separate 2D xducer mounted inside the boat (thru hull 2D install for high speed 2D work). Note both the splitter cable (AS-YC) and the second 2D xducer (probably a XP 9 20) would be extra parts you would have to buy.

Here is a link on the bass boat central website that shows installs on various boats that you might find useful:

http://www.bbcboards.net/zerothread?id=655154

Good luck,
    Roger

grampatim
    Spirit Lake, IA

Thanks for the reply Roger. I already know where to put the side imaging ducer,per the picture. I am looking for someone with experience in mounting the puck in the hull directly under the access hatch in the floor. I have all the parts you noted.

mojogunter

I have my SI ducer mounted here to better protect it, and it has been flawless. My through hull ducer I mounted under the livewell.

grampatim
    Spirit Lake, IA

Thanks Mojo. Under the livewell in a Ranger? I think my arm would reach that from the floor hatch. Did you have to remove the pumps to get the puck back there?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.