December 6 ice fishing report

• dpomann
    Sartell,MN

Jess and I went out ice fishing for the first time yesterday, we fished a shallow weedy lake for bluegill, we got on them pretty good, after we punched a bunch of holes and looked with our Marcum 825sd camera to find the school of them, then we set up our shack and started picking them off, I tried a number of jigs, and some caught fish, but we really started catching them when I rigged up a Custon jigs and Spins gill pill, and a small berkley gulp wiggler. we were fishing in about 6 feet of water in weeds. we got a pile of bluegill, a few keepers, and a nice perch. Going back out this afternoon.
    we had about 5 inches of ice on the lake we were on. All the lakes have ice now, but the big water doesn’t have enough to walk on yet, so be safe!

Good luck,
    Tanner Wildes

Pat Howard
    Sparta Wi

Nice job and thanks for the update Tanner

biggsmattj

Great Job! Looking to get out this afternoon!

mbenson
    Minocqua, Wisconsin

Good stuff Tanner, fun to watch your show with Holst this weekend as well as earlier. Fond memories of the spot you guys were on, as I pm’ed Holst and that was the last time I drilled through 3′ of ice with a hand auger in the late .’80’s. That was when I made the decision to buy the Jiffy!!!

Mark

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

I did really well on good gils by Spooner Sat. Saw 5″ of ice as well. I got one that was almost 9″. If I didnt measure him I would have said he was 9.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.