Musky Report for June 1

• dpomann
    Sartell,MN

Today my buddy Tyler and I went up and musky fished the St. Louis River. We only fished for about 7 hours, saw about half a dozen muskies all between about 36 and 45 inches, most on cowgirls, one on an A-P Lure, and a River 2 Sea Bossymarck. We did manage to get three in the boat, one about 39, another about 40, and another about 41 inches. all in weeds in about 3-5 feet of water. Water temps were anywhere from 68-72 up there.
    Walleye fishing around hayward was a bit tough over the weekend, the mayfly’s are hatching and there is a ton of food out there for them and made fishing a bit tough. tried trolling cranks saturday morning, and crawler harnesses on sunday morning, and no luck. Water temps around the hayward area lakes are around 70.

Good Luck,
    Tanner Wildes

henny
    Prescott, WI

looks to be a good day. never fished st. louis river yet when would be the best time to target it for musky? also is the water level down on the chip. flowage?

Tom P.
    Whitehall Wi.

Nice job Tanner…any time a musky makes the boat it is a good day.

muskychaser
    Prescott, Wi

Nice looking Spotters, I have not fished the river but now you have spark a interest

jeremy-liebig
    mpls

Those St. Louis fish are beautiful. Congrats on a great Northern Sconnie opener. We managed a couple o’ fish over the weekend as well.

walleyefisher87
    Central MN/ SJU

wtg on the fish Tanner….always is great when multiple fish hit the net

eyebuster
    Duluth

Spent the last 3 days on the Lou, been moving fish but so far I have just been trying to get familiar with the river. Should have had a low 30″ but pulled out of the figure 8 too soon.

I really need to get some sun screen in the boat.

dpomann
    Sartell,MN

the fishing is good on the St. Louis all season long.

the chip is down a little over 18 in.

Good luck,
    Tanner Wildes

henny
    Prescott, WI

thanks for the update on the chip will be up there this weekend or early in the week.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.