ice fishing report for monday and tuesday

• dpomann
    Sartell,MN

monday, my buddy and I went out to try crappie fishing in a smaller shallow lake, fished for a couple of hours and no luck, then went out to LCO fishing was really slow, we fished for about 2 hours and got two crappies both 13 inches almost at the same time. in about 10 feet of water with weeds.
    then yesterday went out on my own for about 2 hours on a shallow weedy lake, got a few blugills for dinner, let go about just as many and got a few bonus big perch about 11 inches long. ice is going out quickly, hope is sticks around next week still. all the fish were on minnows on tip-downs or jigging hexi-jigs and spikes.

Good luck,
    Tanner Wildes

mbenson
    Minocqua, Wisconsin

Tanner:

I got out over here in Minocqua and the landings are the most questionable part of the deal right now. It would seem that anything that faces north right now is going to be best. As long as the water stays on top, I would feel comfortable driving on this ice. That will not be much longer though.

In my experience, once the water on the top of the ice makes it way through the ice, then vehicle travel will end even if you can get a vehicle on the ice. From that point forward, how long, if at all would you use a sled or ATV to travel on the ice or is it hoofing time???

My Monday night (forgot the Vex ) I was able to drive on, get into some perch (threw back the first 9 – 6.5″ perch, drove to another location and catch a 10″, 8″, 7″ and they quit) during the last minutes of light, wasn’t able to find any ‘gills or crappies after that. We have still got water standing on the ice, but with the composition of our ice this year its not an ice pack I trust nearly as much.

Mark

ajs
    Mellen,WI

We,ve been Putting the hurt on nice crappies on namekagon the last few days. Finicky and lots of hole drilling but once you find them and get the right size and color baits it,s game on.

Ice is getting sketchy fast i,d say a couple more days of warm and its gameover for the year.

Ajs

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.