Chetek

• eyebuster
    Duluth

Hit Lake Chetek on Saturday. We had 8 inches of good ice many wheelers and sleds on the ice even saw a car which I kept looking at waiting for it tp fall through. We got out at 8am and set up 6 tip ups in a bay in about 16 fow. The flags went nuts all the way till about 1pm. bunch of 2 lb and smaller northerns and one 26 inch 4 lber. we had a nice bass on that decided to open his mouth at the bottom of the whole and the hook flew out when he hit the ice. While we waited for our flags we put down some ratso’s and shrimpo’s and got 8 jumbos the biggest 13 inches. Was a fun day buddy said it was slow but I will take that action anyday.

The bite slowed to almost non existant at 1 and picked up a little around 4. we should have gone to another lake.

Like everyplace else rain today so we passed.

kizew
    Dallas, WI

Sounds like Baptist Bay – nice job!

eyebuster
    Duluth

Not sure of the name if it has one it is not a huge bay just a little indent right off of F.

kizew
    Dallas, WI

Ah – you were probably on Big Chetak/Birch Lakes near Birchwood then, not Chetek Lake.

eyebuster
    Duluth

Ya thats the one, sorry for the confusion.

kizew
    Dallas, WI

No Problem!! I love Big Chetak!! I don’t ice fish buy the smallmouth fishing in the summer is super there – alot of rock humps – last time I was there was in August and I won the tournament.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.