Hastings Restaurants

• Tom Hubbard

Coming down to fish the rivers in a few days, and planned to eat out our first night. Looking for recommendations on a good pizza joint in Hastings or Prescott?
    Thanks!

Give us a shout if you see us on the water toast

Attachments:
    1. received_297678901720356.jpeg

beardly
    Hastings, Mn

If you’re looking for a bar type; Duff’s in Vermillion has awesome pizza. Not far from Hastings at all. Not open on Mondays.

Edit to add: it’s not frozen bar pizza. Made to order.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Muddy Waters in Prescott. Not a pizza place but the food is fantastic.

gregory
    Red wing,mn

Muddy Waters in Prescott. Not a pizza place but the food is fantastic.

x2 spicy cajun pasta!!

munchy
    NULL

I can’t think of any pizza places near the river that isn’t just frozen bar pizza.

Muddy Waters is good.

Broad Street has pretty good burgers

I doubt they are open anymore this season, but if they are Point St Croix Marina has amazing Jumbo Shrimp.

Busted Nut in Hastings is dang good as well.

Tom Hubbard

Appreciate the feedback… Googled all the recommendations, and they look great.

munchy
    NULL

I just remembered, Papa Tronios in Prescott! Excellent home made pizza!

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Prescott

My favorite meal in hastings by a landslide is Las Margaritas… get the Burrito Ranchero!
    Ohhh baby that’s good!!

404 ERROR
    MN

My favorite meal in hastings by a landslide is Las Margaritas… get the Burrito Ranchero!
    Ohhh baby that’s good!!

Don’t think truer words have been spoken on this forum…

toast

Gregg Gunter

Tom, go to Spiral Brewery and order a Spiral Pizza delivery!

Joe033

I’d definitely say duffs if you want pizza! Philander’s in Prescott has phenomenal bar food if you want something other than pizza. Those would definitely be my two places to pick

BoatsHateMe
    Between Pool 2 and Pool 4

Ohhh baby that’s good!!

Every word he said is the truth. Just did this Saturday again. This coming from a local.

Papa T’s is pretty good but not what they used to be years ago for some reason. The old man sold the place and something changed.

I heard all the buzz about Spiral Pizza and I was underwhelmed.

Hard for me to recommend any pizza joint unless it’s Drag’s in Rice Lake

Evan Pheneger
    Hastings, MN

Pizza – Pappa Ts in Prescott, you can pull right up to the public dock and walk 3 blocks and get take out pizza there and eat it back in the boat. I am not a native hastings-er and have also been under whelmed by the all mighty Spiral Pizza. My theory is that native hasting-ers taste buds are genetically developed to love Spiral Pizza, but no one else’s is )

Muddy’s in Prescott have the best atmosphere, but you pay for it. Also, there old pre-covid menu was way better than the current one. Give 3 rivers a try too. Nice bar basement for games and then nice upstairs with good outdoors theme and 1 million TVs

Gregg Gunter

I’ll have to give Duffs pizza a try. I always get the Rueben burger there!

crawdaddy
    St. Paul MN

Don’t forget to grab some M and H broasted chicken

Tom Hubbard

Really appreciate all the feedback!
    Looks like we will have to eat out more than one night. Some good options for sure.

KPE
    River Falls, WI

Man nobody mentioned Dugarel’s? Some of the best bar food in Hastings for sure.

Busted Nut is also good for burgers and sandwiches. They have excellent wings.

Prescott- Muddy Waters is my wife’s favorite. It is pricy but good. If you have time for breakfast you won’t beat Kitchen Table. Or drive 5 minutes east of Prescott to the Valley for breakfast, it’s cheaper and it’s awesome.

The Nauti Hawg in Diamond Bluff has a good bar menu as well, if you’re on the water and looking to pull up for food. Just be ready to climb about 90 stairs to get up from the water!

There’s a lot of good food in the area!

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Fir Shir – It’s very under rated. I think that’s because it is a gas station.

Pat K
    Empire, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>crawdaddy wrote:</div>

Fir Shir – It’s very under rated. I think that’s because it is a gas station.

I’m old enough to remember when it was a Quarterback Club fast food place that evolved into the M&H Drive Inn then became the M&H gas station. I think the chicken has been the same through all three versions.

Tom Hubbard

Thank you for all the reviews, and recommendations.

On a side note, anyone been on the water, and have any reports?

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.