"Harvest Chronicles" this year?

• Chance R.
    South Central S.D.

I really enjoyed the shows last year and curious if there will be any this year?! Great show to watch while waiting for old man winter to come through and ice everything up!

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

I can’t speak for James, and won’t speculate on what the near future holds. But I can tell you with Ben’s departure from IDO media and all the new projects coming in, James will have some major gray hair soon.
    I’ve been communicating with James on a different project and I can tell you he is swamped.

Chance R.
    South Central S.D.

Well i’m sure Ben leaving explains it! I had no idea that he left, was a good show with the way they had the shows up within a week of the hunts. Any idea why Ben left?

john23
    St. Paul, MN

I’m thinking James is swamped for a reason. Whether the hunting show comes back this year or not, I bet the super high quality stuff won’t change at IDO!

Chance R.
    South Central S.D.

Yeah I dont think we’ll be seeing it this year. I’m sure the fishing shows will be top notch as always!

Aaron

I know Ben was going to do a show on his Elk hunt in New Mexico, but if he left then who knows. He dropped a nice one on the first day. It would be awesome to see.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

I really enjoyed the shows last year and curious if there will be any this year?! Great show to watch while waiting for old man winter to come through and ice everything up!

My apologies for basically being completely absent from the website over the last few weeks. Our work schedule on this end is bonkers right now. Lots and lots of new clients and new work! Of course that’s a good thing but trying to juggle it all has been keeping the team hopping.

As to the question about more Harvest Chronicles episodes… we’re just too busy to even consider it this fall. HC was a pet project with lots of potential and no sponsor support. Right now we have new projects coming at us from all directions and those projects mean HC gets pushed to the back burner. Will it come back in the future? Yeah, it might. But not this fall.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Well i’m sure Ben leaving explains it! I had no idea that he left, was a good show with the way they had the shows up within a week of the hunts. Any idea why Ben left?

Ben’s passion has always been hunting more so than fishing so when the opportunity to work for Primos popped up he took it. And who could blame him. It isn’t often a guy gets to take a dream job. We wish him well!

Please don’t take what I share next to mean I’m trying to take something away from Ben’s contributions, everyone should know Ben did a fantastic job as a cameraman on the IDO TV show, but Pat McSharry did all the editing and shot a lot of the video for HC. He gets the credit for the fast turn around on the edits and a large amount of the amazing video that was shot in the field. Pat is also the lead editor on the In-Depth Outdoors shows so nothing there will change. waytogo

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

I can’t speak for James, and won’t speculate on what the near future holds. But I can tell you with Ben’s departure from IDO media and all the new projects coming in, James will have some major gray hair soon.
    I’ve been communicating with James on a different project and I can tell you he is swamped.

Swamped is right. And it keeps raining! I posted that we had a job opening late August and I ended up hiring two full-time employees. Nick Cox started yesterday and filled Ben B’s position. I hope to introduce Nick to everyone here some time next week. Alex “Somnio” Andersen starts for us October 16 bringing the in-house production team count to 6 full-time guys. The way things are going we’ll need to move to a bigger studio some time next summer. And THAT will definitely give me grey hair! Not that I’m complaining. Growth is good and I feel very blessed to be in this position versus the alternative.

Allan Davis
    Carlton, MN

Please don’t take what I share next to mean I’m trying to take something away from Ben’s contributions, everyone should know Ben did a fantastic job as a cameraman on the IDO TV show, but Pat McSharry did all the editing and shot a lot of the video for HC. He gets the credit for the fast turn around on the edits and a large amount of the amazing video that was shot in the field. Pat is also the lead editor on the In-Depth Outdoors shows so nothing there will change.  :waytogo:
    [/quote]

I thought that the camera work the past season was simply outstanding and good for Ben that’s awesome!!! keep it up you guys you don’t see camera work like that in any other fishing or hunting show I makes it funner to watch for sure. I love IDO. And James you keep it up to I bet you are swamped. However its just life right lol you got to have fun with it and keep on pushing threw the tough times. Keep it up!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.