Harlan 4-2-07

• Brian Robinson
    central Neb

Took a couple buddies with me down to Harlan on Monday, and really thought we’d do better. We jigged in front of the dam quite a while and managed one real fat channel, but he was only 2-3 pounds. When it got dark, we trolled the dam quite a few times, as there weren’t many people down there at all. A few guys off the bank and one other boat. We trolled up one 2-3lb flathead. I’m convinced I had something bust my floating Rapala right off with no warning, but that was it. The wind really came up out of nowhere, and that was hard to deal with, but we stuck it out till about 12:30am. We marked a lot more fish in the rocks and out in front of the rocks last week, so I really think the spawn is about done down there with this weather we’ve had, and you can expect them to move out real soon…..after this crappy weather front passes.

orion94
    them thar hills, SW Nebraska

Brandon, At least you were able to get a line wet. I have been stupid busy here the last week and half or so at work that my only fishing fix is here on the board
    How was the water levels looking down there? I had heard that the low water boat ramps were now under water. Any truth to that?

Brian Robinson
    central Neb

I’m not Brandon ( ), but ya, it was great to get out. You can definitely tell that the water has come up about 3′ or so, so there is some new stuff underwater, but not like you’d like it to be. The Hunter’s ramp is blocked off, so you can’t drive down there. I’m thinking that can only mean that it’s underwater. The low water ramp at Cedar is still in service, so hopefully they’ll put the docks in soon. We put in at Gremlin for the first time in years….I didn’t know they redid that ramp. It’s real nice now, no slipping for sure. The water is 8-10′ deep all the way out to the lake, but that’ll drop come July or so. Hope you make it out here Orion….the fish will be going real soon, after this snow melts!

orion94

Brian, Brandon all the same ,not real sure where I got my wires crossed on that one. I am hopeing to make it out there. I am going to the S-east part of the state this afternoon till Sat to chase some cats. Then Next weekend its up to Sherman to claim my 1st place prize check . After that I am booked almost solid till the Gov. Cup with military commitments. I am going to have to have to find a day or two in the middle of the week or something to get out that way after the fresh snow melts .
    Thanks for the update on the lake.
    Chris

Brian Robinson
    central Neb

Quote:

Brian, Brandon all the same ,not real sure where I got my wires crossed on that one.

No prob Chris, just a good opportunity to give you a little crap!
    Ya, I’ve enjoyed fishing down there the last couple of weeks. Used to fish there all the time, now I don’t make it down there very often, but sure like it when I do.
    Good luck in the tournys….hopefully this weather will straighten out for you guys.

orion94

papajon
    Grand Island Ne

Brain i spent 5 days down at harlan was there the 2nd and 4 days before noone was catching there was a few in the rocks but i beleive they havent really started as of monday the 2nd they moved out in front of the damn the first not many up close ithink the weather pushed them out i caught a couple the 31st that was it for the 5 days i think It will be good as this front passes by iam on the road now so i wont be down there this week

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.