Gov’t closure?

• Brian Robinson
    central Neb

So….does anyone have the official word on Harlan? Is it closed due to our childish gov’t shut down? I know COE runs the dam and associated areas, so I’m assuming the entire area is gov’t? If so, are the ramps closed off and such? Very curious about this.

sinister-fishing
    Omaha, Ne for now

Harlan is on federal land and closed? That’s almost as stupid as them closing open air monuments in d.c These people really need to learn they work for us. I wish we could fire every single one of them

4fishing

Not 100% sure, but it sounds like ramps are still open, just no one around that area – no camping allowed, or facilities to be used.

Brian Robinson
    central Neb

I ask because I know of a guy who was fishing in KS last week and received a ticket for just being on the water. We were on the water past Oct 1st and did even think once about it. The facilities were closed, but I noticed nothing at the boat ramp, so we proceded. But was still curious.

jd318
    NE Nebraska

Quote:

I ask because I know of a guy who was fishing in KS last week and received a ticket for just being on the water. We were on the water past Oct 1st and did even think once about it. The facilities were closed, but I noticed nothing at the boat ramp, so we proceded. But was still curious.

Who gave him the ticket?

Brian Robinson
    central Neb

A federal officer, I was told. Apparently they aren’t on furlough.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.