Happy Halloween 2023!

• Sharon
    SE Metro

Happy Halloween from my boys, Fritz and Remi!

Seeing the fresh snow in the metro this morning has me thinking back to the Halloween snow storm of ’91! I remember I was bummed that my snowpants and boots didn’t match my costume. Kids in the southern states don’t know how good they have it!

Anyone have cool costumes to show off our pumpkin photos? Feel free to share and good luck to everyone trick-or-treating tonight! toast Hopefully the wind slows down a bit!

Attachments:
    1. Fritz-and-Remi-Halloween-2023.jpg

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

Happy Halloween Sharon. The boys look good as usual!

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Fun holiday. The snow made it even better getting up this morning.
    I am so glad I carved my pumpkins and baked seeds last night! I usually do it today.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Ladies co workers made this pumpkin giving birth. To tease of a lady who is almost ready to give birth

Attachments:
    1. image000000115.jpg

Sparklesonthewater
    Grinnell, Ia

Happy Holloween to all the Witches and Goblins. Be safe
    Sharon the boys look awesome

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

One of my neighbors has a massive display of blow up characters. Its pretty good.

Attachments:
    1. 405B3BF9-0BB2-4CB3-8ED5-26C9FC55FD8F-scaled.jpeg

2. 8F18A35D-D589-4D6F-8DB4-E548F1B3F154-scaled.jpeg

3. 9757CE3D-C992-4085-9E4E-CAF650F5CF7C-scaled.jpeg

4. F9AB6AA0-15EF-484D-805E-E0E1B9189466-scaled.jpeg

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

We just got back from trick or treating with the little one. I’m going to sound like an old curmudgeon but Halloween these days ain’t like it was when I was a kid. Aside from the fact that we walked up hill both ways to get our candy, there were a lot more kids, costumes, and scary houses with decorations around. A lot of dark houses in our neighborhood. I’m sure some areas are better than others.

I’ve always loved Halloween. Back home now to watch a scary movie with the Mrs

Deuces

Kiddo was a hot cheeto and I’m still rocking the cowboy Dino from last year, big hits. Decent lights on around us, agree w crappie not what it once was but we have some good blocks around us and keeps getting better w younger families moving in.

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

I know what those blow-up character yards look like in the daytime, and I wouldn’t wish that on my worst enemy.

In regards to Crappies comment, luckily we found a couple houses tonight with bonfires and giving out adult beverages. But they are few are far between.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

We just got back from trick or treating with the little one. I’m going to sound like an old curmudgeon but Halloween these days ain’t like it was when I was a kid. Aside from the fact that we walked up hill both ways to get our candy, there were a lot more kids, costumes, and scary houses with decorations around. A lot of dark houses in our neighborhood. I’m sure some areas are better than others.

Im disheartened every year by the lack of participation on my street. Jerk neighbors.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

I wonder about that too. Our old neighborhood had mostly older adults with grown kids and you couldn’t hardly tell when Halloween was. Our new neighborhood is full of kids, and it’s like a neighborhood party. At least a dozen driveway fires with drinks for the adults, kids running everywhere and I’d say better than when I was a kid. Here was our crew, the 2/3 year olds did surprisingly well!

Attachments:
    1. 422DF0D6-2CC1-4102-AA4C-1410F56A5FB0-scaled.jpeg

CaptainMusky

Im disheartened every year by the lack of participation on my street. Jerk neighbors.

We havent handed out candy in well over a decade. We are out of town and there are very few kids on our street. Our kids dont go trick or treating.

JEREMY
    BP

I have one neighbor whose porch lights are on 364 days a year only off on Halloween. Worst part is their probably mid 30’s and have young kids and she works at the elementary school. Pisses me off

Netguy
    Minnetonka

I had the most trick or treaters in years. More young families must have moved into the neighborhood this last year. For the rush, I stood in the open doorway for 15-20 minutes since it didn’t make sense to close the door.
    I asked one little girl if she was a dinosaur. She said a gecko!! lol

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

I have one neighbor whose porch lights are on 364 days a year only off on Halloween. Worst part is their probably mid 30’s and have young kids and she works at the elementary school. Pisses me off

There are a few people in my neighborhood that shut their lights off on purpose too. They must just not like kids or buying candy. Seems kinda bush league but if that’s how they want to operate, so be it.

Pat K
    Empire, MN

I was tempted to shut off our lights when the golf cart pulling a trailer load of kids from another neighborhood showed up.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

It’s not unusual for our house to not have a yard light on. Unless I am expecting someone to stop by after dark I don’t turn the outside light on.

We haven’t handed out candy in years. Just no traffic down our street. No young kids in the area and we are off the beaten path. We always did it when our kids were small. I’m of the opinion if your kids are out doing the Halloween thing the parents should be also.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Our neighborhood is the place to be for Halloween, very busy. Most all houses participate. Tons of homes make haunted houses and all sorts of cool stuff through the woods. Kids get to much candy. We do a annual hay wagon behind the wheeler, and drag alot of kids around. My son being 12 wanted to branch out on his own with his 4 buddies so this was the first year without him.

Attachments:
    1. image000000122.jpg

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I was tempted to shut off our lights when the golf cart pulling a trailer load of kids from another neighborhood showed up.

Kids can’t go from neighborhood to neighborhood? That’s half the fun when your young. We been pulling a trailer of kids around since my son was 2 or 3

picklerick
    Central WI

Until a single mom moved in next door with her two kids a few years ago, we’d never had a trick or treater come to the door. Been here over 20yrs. I wish I had a dollar for every time a long time local said to me “I never even knew there was a house back there” and I live right in town.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.