Hankook Dynpro Tire versus Hankook Pathfinder AT Tire ???

• marmike

Been reading that many of you have purchased Hankook Dyna Pro for your trucks.
    Has anyone purchased Hankook Pathfinders AT?
    Looking for ideas as I was going to buy the Dynapro and the manager at Discount Tire says try the Hankook Pathfinder AT as its a better tire at better price.
    My vehicle is Dodge Ram 1500 275/60/R20

Any thoughts?

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

I cannot locate that model? Even on their website.

marmike

It might be exclusive to Discount Tires.
    Ill keep looking for reviews.

404 ERROR
    MN

While the Pathfinder AT is made by Hankook, it is not marketed as such. It is marketed as a Discount Tire house brand. But they are both built by Hankook, discount tire has stated that publicly in many offroad forums. Same materials? I’m unsure. But given the price comparison between the two (Dynapro ATM is actually cheaper in my size), I would take the Dynapro ATM 10 times out of 10.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

These must be relatively new, as I bought my DynaPro’s from Discount tire about a year and a half ago and no one mentioned the Pathfinder. Love my DynaPro ATM’s and would buy them again.

beardly
    Hastings, Mn

Pretty funny as I was just in Discount getting my bfg tires rotated. I asked the manager about a price for the dynapros and he told me they will be discontinued and that the Pathfinder model is replacing them. He explained that they are a better tire due to stronger side walls and better rubber. The guy also said people have issues with feeling like your skidding with the dynapro hence the new model. I found it all very interesting

marmike

I wonder why the Manager never told me they would be discontinued. Question remains though is the Discount Tire Pathfinder an upgrade? They are priced less than the dynapro. Anyone here have Pathfinders on their truck?

matt

Have ran 2 sets of pathfinders to their death.They lasted longer than the advertised mileage had good traction in winter.No complaints at all.However when I bought this past Sept. I saw they changed the design on the pathfinder and the Dynapro were cheaper so next set I went with the Dynapro atm.So far Im happy with the dynapro,by the looks of it the tread should easily outlast the mileage rating.The manager told me the Dynapro was a better tire when I was trying to decide which to buy,that and 406$installed with their certificates didnt make the decision to switch tires difficult

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

I call BS on the DynaPro ATM being discontinued. I’ll be pissed if there discontinue that tire.

404 ERROR
    MN

I call BS on the DynaPro ATM being discontinued. I’ll be pissed if there discontinue that tire.

They are not discontinuing them.

beardly
    Hastings, Mn

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Ralph Wiggum wrote:</div>

I found it weird that they would discontinue such a popular tire. I also have never heard/read of the “skidding” problem. It’s also odd that the manager of a discount tire would lie about something like that as he went into great detail about it. Just passing along what he said.

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

Whew. I was about to go and buy a set for my Tahoe and store them till needed! rotflol

404 ERROR
    MN

Ford is using the ATM tires as OE on some of their F-150’s. They are not going away.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

I have almost 30k on mine. Still lots of tread and the best AT tire I have ever had.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.