Handheld gps question

• rwmcvean

Question for you ice fishermen guys… Is there a handheld GPS unit that will except lake master mapping chips? in the past I have used the navionics online app on my iPhone to get to my ice locations and it has been less than perfect.

targaman
    Inactive
    Wilton, WI

Not since Johnson outdoors acquired lakemaster. Humminbird should really make a handheld.

vern
    Richfield, MN

I have a Lowrance Expedition-C that I’m going to sell soon. It’s an older model but still in original packaging & has never been opened. It has the same features as the popular H2Oc & a few more. It works with Lake Master chips. I’m selling because I have two. One I’ve used for a few years & this extra one is sitting in storage.

Joe Scegura
    Alexandria MN

FYI: The Lowrance chip is nearly the same as the Lake Master Chip. Lowrance bought all of the Lake Master maps before it was sold to Hummingbird. Anything mapped after the sale to Hummingbird would be different but Lowarance and Hummingbird have both been adding maps since.

You can’t go wrong with either chip. I’d recommend a handheld Lowrance GPS.

roger

what new lowrance lake chip will fit the older h2o or ifinder gps’s?

The endura units are terrible from my experience. I would not recommend them at all.

Joe Scegura
    Alexandria MN

what new lowrance lake chip will fit the older h2o or ifinder gps’s?

The Older H2O units will take the older Lake master chips. The new Lowrance units will take the new chips.

I was just stating the data from the new Lowrance chips is as good or better than the old Lake Master chips. Hope that clears things up.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

I think garmin also purchased the lakemaster data before the JO merger.

Personally I’d just buy a garmin unit and use their chips or data.

Actually, that’s what I did. I have a garmin Colorado with garmin lake maps loaded onto the unit. Great data in my opinion. Much better than Navionics.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.