Anyone planting yet?

• sticker
    StillwaterMN/Ottertail county

Last weekend between turkey hunting and a trip to Montana and the help of one of my sons we managed to get all the plots disced up. I got the seed ready to go and the fertilizer is on order to be picked up Friday. Spread fert and till on Friday, then on Saturday I plan to get about 6 acres of corn in, fertilize the clover plots and maybe, just maybe get the 2 acres of beans in. Good thing fishing opener is a bust this year

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

My dad is working our ground out in SD. Neighbors are all planting. He hopes to start on the corn on Mondayish.

This weekend I’m headed up to Todders to pick some rock and prep the food plots. I think we’ll be planting very soon.

scottb.
    Southeast, MN

I disc’d up one plot a 1.5 weeks ago just before the 12″ of wet snow. I fertilized and re-planted a clover plot the day before the storm. It actually worked great for that, really got the seed in and along with that moisture I noticed it was starting to pop up today when I was back there turkey hunting.

Hoping to do corn in the next week or so. This soil is well drained, other spots are still to moist and cold around here. Farmers getting very nervous!

todders
    Shoreview, MN

I can not wait to fire up and abuse the tractor this weekend. There just isn’t much better than the smell of freshly churned soil !

sticker

I got 7 acres of corn in the ground and 2 acres of clover. Have to wait a bit for the beans, soil temp just a little too low yet.

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

I’ve got a sore back, sore arches and some new memories! It was cold and cruddy, but it was still a fun day up north.

sticker

I got the corn in a home last night. The warm weather today should get the ground temp up nicely and I can get the beans in and be done planting for a couple months. Time for some R&R in the boat. It’s been a fast paced spring for sure!

flatlandfowler
    SC/SW MN

Got every thing plowed under and disced up over the weekend. Heading back this weekend to put down fertilizer and plant I am looking forward to using the new planter.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.