String Wing

• bob_bergeson
    cannon falls

I have not used one but have heard that they work very well if the weeds are at least 4-8″ taller than the crop. I think it would be a good investment

webstj
    Mazeppa, MN

We have two clover plots totaling two acres that have some serious grass issues. I think I am going to try one out as this grass is immune to the products I have tried. I think it is indian grass as it grows 8″ in a little over a week.

It also appears that it is very efficient in the use of chemical needed as well (ie. no drift, and direct application to leaf.) If I use less product and it takes a few less mowings it will have paid for itself after a few uses.

flatlandfowler
    SC/SW MN

Years ago when I had some plots that were over grown with weeds I thought of trying to use a long rope dipped in herbicide to drag over the plot. Looking back on that situation I didnt know they made products like this.

If your plot is just clover, have you tried using Clethodim? A product like Arrow 2EC has always done very well at killing grasses for me. I would agree with Bob though, I could see it being a valuable tool to have if you are looking to target weeds that are significantly larger than you plot (especially mixed plots).

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.