Control Cages on Food Plots

• robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

My last report got me wondering…..Who here uses control cages on their small food plots? I use them most of the time and it is really amazing how much the deer graze on this stuff. This year I will try to capture some pictures showing the difference. For those of you new to the term Control cages, I and I’m sure others use a small cage that prohibits the deer from grazing in a smalll area and it shows you how high your plants would be if there was no deer feeding on them. On some pots up North I would swear nothing is growing, but according to my control cages they are growing pretty good the deer just keep it mowed down.

shednut
    22 feet up

Good poll Rob. I had never used them in the past, but I just set up a cage on my bean plot at home. The deer have been pounding them pretty good so I’m anxious to see what what the cage shows in another week or so.

qdm4life
    Albertville, MN

I am giulty of slacking in this department, I generaly used them in clover plots but got sick of moving them to mow. Great poll indeed!

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

I know sometimes I’m like gall darn, I wish I would have put a Control Cage on this plot. I can’t quite tell if it didn’t grow as well or is it getting eaten!

I was just interested if anyone else did this.

lick

Quote:

I know sometimes I’m like gall darn, I wish I would have put a Control Cage on this plot. I can’t quite tell if it didn’t grow as well or is it getting eaten!

I was just interested if anyone else did this.

Nope I would never say gall darn

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

I can’t say those words here.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.