Mapping Out & Tracking Food Plot Growth

• robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Guts last statement of not remembering what kind of clover was planted on a food plot, reminds me of something. Do any of you guys keep track of what was planted where, when and how it grew? I do not have any thing fancy, but draw a crude map of each of my plots each Fall and mark down; what I planted, where I planted, when I planted and how it grew by either giving it a good, ok, or poor rating.

Anyone else doing anything this?????

I have alwys wanted to take ariel shots from the computer of my plots/land and do the same thing, like Flatland Fowler but just have not done that yet.

lick

I do but only keep them for a year. As I normally replant

bob_bergeson
    cannon falls

I do keep track of what i plant, the time of year,rainfall etc. You can start to see patterns and move your planting dates up or back depending on what part of the state you are in. Several examples would be I can plant oats in northern mn. in early to mid august, but if i did that same planting in southern mn. the oats would be heading out and of very little draw to my deer. another example is that I have slowly moved my brassica planting dates up and have had better success. I do have many pics of my properties that i have laminated. I draw in my plots, stands, entrance and exit routes, Bedding areas then I date them and start a new one the next year.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.