anybody tried this?

• bob_bergeson
    cannon falls

as usual I was picking the brains of a big crop farmer about weed control in crop land that had been in hay ground for many years. (I personally know of 13 acres that I planted for a person on this forum that are very weedy)
    anyway this farmer asked me if I had tried “SURESTART” a herbicide that he has the elevator mix with his fertilizer to control weeds in his rr corn. He claims that he had way less weeds in his corn fields! When I had time I googled this product and found several testimonials that were very positive. One of them was from Pierz mn.
    Has anybody here tried this? It sounds like an easy way to control weeds in corn without having to spray several times with round up.

big_g
    Isle, MN

Haven’t head of it….. I am guessing the weedy 13 is just north of Pierz

bob_bergeson
    cannon falls

Quote:

Haven’t head of it….. I am guessing the weedy 13 is just north of Pierz

Yeah! But the round up should have done the job by now. But the weeds sure did slow the corn and soybeans down. I still think we will be ok.

Brad Juaire
    Maple Grove, MN

Hey…. I think I know where those weeds are at.

SureSart does look interesting!

SureStart® – Providing Consistent, Broad-spectrum Weed Control

With control for up to six weeks of more than 60 grasses and broadleaf weeds, SureStart® herbicide provides better control of more key grasses and broadleaf weeds compared with the commonly used reduced rates of soil-applied herbicides.
    • Offers excellent activity against glyphosate-, triazine- and ALS-resistant weeds
    • Superior performance against grasses like foxtails, barnyardgrass and crabgrass that break through reduced rates of other soil-applied products
    • Broad-spectrum broadleaf weed control, including waterhemp, lambsquarters, pigweed, nightshade, velvetleaf, common and giant ragweed, sunflowers, cocklebur, marestail and more

With three active ingredients, SureStart offers the broadest spectrum of grass and broadleaf weed control available today among soil-applied herbicides used in Roundup Ready® corn. Following are some of the key grasses and broadleaf weeds that SureStart controls. See the product label for a complete listing of grasses and broadleaf weeds controlled by SureStart.

PIC BELOW:
    In this 2007 southern Minnesota field trial, strips where SureStart herbicide was applied were still weed-free four weeks after application, while the untreated check strip contained high densities of giant ragweed and other grasses and broadleaf weeds. Corn in the SureStart strips was noticeably taller and healthier than the untreated check strip.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.