Guys with toy hauler wheel houses

• Spencer Haugen

Im looking at buying a wheel house but was debating on getting a toy hauler edition or just a regular one. The guys with the toy haulers does the back door leak air or is it pretty well sealed?

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Why would you want to sleep or fish with the exhaust smell and spilled gas and oil?

bullcans
    Northfield MN

Why would you want to sleep or fish with the exhaust smell and spilled gas and oil?

That’s an easy one… Don’t spill gas and oil when you fill it inside the the toy hauler. Fill it outside. Also don’t keep the ATV or whatever running while its inside the fish house… Kind of a no brainer IMO. coffee

munchy
    NULL

Why would you want to haul two different trailers to do things like camp, hunt, and ice fish when you only need one? I converted a utility trailer into a toyhauler/ice house and don’t have any gas/oil/exhaust issues once you let the trailer air out for a few minutes after unloading. If your ATV is leaking any of those you’ve got a bigger issue than just the smell.

munchy
    NULL

And to answer the original question most toy haulers have a decent gasket around the lip of the door that seals pretty well, but as always your results may vary depending on manufacturer. Check out the door before you purchase to see if the seal is up to your standards.

snelson223
    Austin MN

A friend of mine has one and I didn’t notice any air leaks through the door when I fished out of it.

tindall
    Minneapolis MN

I have a ridgeline toy hauler and I am happy with the ramp door and overall seals on door and windows. It gets used probably once every 3 weeks between fishing, camping, and eventually I hope hunting.

I think I would be disappointed without a hauler ramp. I had planned to put down plastic or rubber when hauling the quad but opted to do proper maintenance – no drips or problems.

404 ERROR
    MN

I have a Yetti with the double doors in the rear. YES, it leaks air and YES, it will build a nice snowdrift at the floor if it’s windy. Yetti knew of this issue and all the weather stripping in the world doesn’t keep it from leaking slightly. 95% of Yetti houses now have the drop down rear door and I do not believe there is an issue.

It does suck that mine leaks so bad, but it just isn’t worth it for me to buy a new house. Once I unload for the weekend, I run gorilla tape around the seams to keep air out. It works great and I’ve had no issues, just a pain. I’ve tried rubber flaps, bulb gaskets and PVC foam gasket tape to help seal and none work well or hold up better than just taping the seams for the weekend…

SoDak Fisher Guy
    Eastern SD

That’s why the Team Lodge fish houses have had ramps on their trailers for like….ever. Plus a 1-piece rubber floor just in case you do spill something, easy clean up.

slipbob_nick
    Princeton, MN

Saw the yettis at the game fair yesterday. They are sharp. Kids were demanding one. Wife told them to pick between living in a fishhouse or a regular house. Son picked fishhouse daughter picked real house.

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

Saw the yettis at the game fair yesterday. They are sharp. Kids were demanding one. Wife told them to pick between living in a fishhouse or a regular house. Son picked fishhouse daughter picked real house.

you have a good boy there grin

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.