Guys ice fishing weekend

• ssaamm
    Pequot Lakes

Need some help from people in the know. Every few years we get a few of us together for a weekend of ice fishing. Usually go to Arneson’s or Ken-Mar-kee on LOW. With the late ice it has goofed things up. They have no openings until pretty much March. I assume the other resorts are in the same boat. Willing to go to SD, Leech, Winnie,etc. Any ideas would be appreciated. Don’t want a sleeper. Want to drive or be driven out and sleep on land. Just want a fun weekend away with the crew. If we catch a few fish, great. Thanks, Sam.

Wildlifeguy

Maybe Devil’s Lake? Last I checked Woodland had a few openings, though you would probably have an easier time finding something if you could make something mid-week work.

bigcrappie
    Blaine

Lots of resorts on LOTW, try calling different resorts.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

Winnie would fit your description. not much for a nite bite there. they have day houses also anda pretty good road system. i’d recommend highbanks. decent cabins on land! plent other resorts there too!!!

i’ve stayed in cookies on red also……good guy but better night bite…..he has sleeper houses on the lake though.

shockers
    Rochester

Woodlands/Devils Lake

bzzsaw
    Hudson, Wi

Woodlands/Devils Lake X 5. 4 lines per guy. Pike/Walleye/Perch. Not much further than driving to LOW.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Trappers landing (Leech) has very nice houses, Red door (Pond) also.
    You might even catch a fish.

Coletrain27

i cant belive they are all full. there are over a dozen resorts by the river opening there. try calling, ballards, border view, sportsmans, slims, adrians, wigwam tons of options

FinnyDinDin

Check the resorts on the NW angle of lotw. Better fishing than the south side typically and they all do bombers to day houses.

Otherwise I’d do Winnie.

Devils seems to be tough if you aren’t mobile.

Nodakk

Winnie would be a good bet.

I would advise against devils unless you hire a guide. Stationary resort houses tend to not do too great there

Brittman

I have not been on that lake (DL-ND) in a very, very long time and we did it on our own staying in a relative’s house an hour away or so.

If you go to Devils Lake – go with the mobile guides at least one day. Devils Lake is more of a run and gun find the active fish and catch them lake. I have heard time and time again of the Woodlands houses being average if not really poor. Then you go back to the resort and see what the run and gun guys caught.

Let’s hear what all the people above did at DL.

ssaamm
    Pequot Lakes

Thanks for the tips. I’ll broaden the search.

Hoyt4
    NULL

Winne , Otter tail area

glenn-d
    N C Illinois

Need some help from people in the know. Every few years we get a few of us together for a weekend of ice fishing. Usually go to Arneson’s or Ken-Mar-kee on LOW. With the late ice it has goofed things up. They have no openings until pretty much March. I assume the other resorts are in the same boat. Willing to go to SD, Leech, Winnie,etc. Any ideas would be appreciated. Don’t want a sleeper. Want to drive or be driven out and sleep on land. Just want a fun weekend away with the crew. If we catch a few fish, great. Thanks, Sam.

When are you thinking of going ??

ssaamm
    Pequot Lakes

Late January

zooks

If your group willing and able to pony up for it, a SnoBear trip at either Devils or eastern SD is usually worth it.

No matter the weather, the guides that invest in those machines stay on fish pretty good all season long. Good luck with what you decide.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.