Grindstone

• Aaron Nelson
    Mora, MN

Anybody else here fish for trout and smelt on Grindstone near Sandstone, MN.

Bass_attack

No but you sparked my interest. Did a little research and I think I might give it a try. Do you have any luck out there?

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

I used to go there for Lakers.

396ranger
    Cottage Grove MN

Yes usually try for lakers. Last year was bad for me (0) but this year I got a 26″ which was a stocked one (missing a fin). It is a hard lake to fish and the ice can be a little iffy. The lake takes a long time to freeze since it is so deep so be careful. A couple weekends ago I had 12-14″ of ice but the warm temps can’t be that great for the ice now. I’ve put a lot of time in fishing the lake with low results so good luck

Kent thompson
    Foreston mn

I have several co-workers that fish it often, and as 396ranger low results as well.

Aaron Nelson
    Mora, MN

Yes usually try for lakers. Last year was bad for me (0) but this year I got a 26″ which was a stocked one (missing a fin). It is a hard lake to fish and the ice can be a little iffy. The lake takes a long time to freeze since it is so deep so be careful. A couple weekends ago I had 12-14″ of ice but the warm temps can’t be that great for the ice now. I’ve put a lot of time in fishing the lake with low results so good luck

Plus if you’re on the East side you can have a foot of ice where you’re at move 50 yards and have 3/4 of an inch there. My advice stay away from the east side when out there unless you know where the springs are at

Aaron Nelson
    Mora, MN

I have several co-workers that fish it often, and as 396ranger low results as well.

Same results for lakers but awesome results for rainbows

Sam
    St.Francis

Rainbows are everywhere but won’t bite

Walleye Hungry

I have never fished grindstone before but will be giving it a try this weekend. Not looking for any hot spots but general areas…do people mostly go north to the smelt hole and then go close to the steep drop offs? or do they head south and basically fish the shore lines. Also because i do not know the lake i do not plan on driving the truck out but is a wheeler fine or is it better to walk and still find fish. Basically i just would like someone to tell me the safest options to finding a few fish (of any kind).

Thanks in advance boys!

pool2fool
    Inactive
    St. Paul, MN

There is a loooong thread on the grind at fishing minnesota. 63 pages long.

I’m interested in trying it out for open water laker/rainbow trolling after the spring stocking.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.