Grill

• Rick Z
    Stark MN

I am in the market for a new propane grill this spring. I currently have a smaller Weber and want to get a bigger unit. I already have a Big Green Egg so I am not looking for a smoker and I also have a Charcoal Weber. Looking primarily for a propane when I need to cook fast or a lot of stuff. Budget is around $2500. Do I stick with Weber or are there other better brands out there?

Thanks!

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

Yes stick with Weber. You can get a pretty sweet grill with that budget

bigcrappie
    Blaine

Weber or Napoleon would be my choices.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

I’m going to go Blackstone once my gas Weber kicks the bucket. For your budget you could get a top of the line Blackstone and Weber gas I think.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

Weber if you want a traditional grill. If space isn’t an issue I’d go with a lower line Weber AND a Blackstone as they could be had in unison for well under your budget.

I’d avoid the Summit line for Weber, just because you’d be at the very top of your price range and that’s a pile of $$$ for a gas grill. I think the better bargain for something quality with features is the Weber “Genesis” line.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

I have the Spirit series Weber (3 burner) and would recommend it. The Genesis series is also a good one.

Warners Stellian has a Grill Expo every spring in May and its a great time to buy one if you’re willing to wait until then. They offer free assembly, free haul away of the old grill, free deliver, and $50 in no-name gift cards if you buy a grill that is $499 or more. I see you are in Rush City. Their delivery zone is limited so check on that.

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

I would also add some of the top end price ranges mainly offer more burners. May actually be counter productive depending on your needs.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

I’m on my second Weber Genesis, it will likely be my last gas grill. I paid short of $900 in 2020 I think.

3rdtryguy
    Central Mn

I’ve never seen a $2500 grill, is there really such a thing made commercially?

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

I’ve had a Weber Genesis for over 10 years. It was the biggest Genesis they made at the time, can’t remember the model. Excellent grill, absolutely top quality.
    The only thing I’ve replaced is the storage cover. I’d buy another one in a second.

tim hurley

Buy used, you can get GREAT deals, people hate moving them, AND no assembly!

bzzsaw
    Hudson, Wi

I just replaced my Weber grills at home and cabin. They both lasted over 20 years but required multiple parts to be replaced. I could have continued to use them. I replaced both with Webers again purchased from Warner Stellon. They came assembled and their pricing was lower than all competitors I checked with around Twin Cities. I stuck with the 2 burner Spirit models. I can’t think a many times I’ve grilled in over 20 years that I wish I had a bigger grill.

bzzsaw
    Hudson, Wi

FYI – Warner Stellon also took my old grills for no extra charge.

mojo

After hours of research, I bought a Monument 6 burner from Menard’s this past spring. Very solidly built, almost entirely stainless steel, and I used it at least 5 days/week through October, and still operates perfectly. The cooking area with the 6 burners is huge, allowing offset heat when wanted, or for grilling huge amounts of food. Builds and holds heat very well – 72,000 BTU.
    The only part of the entire grill that I’m not impressed with are the casters/wheels – they could be better quality, but have given me zero problems so far.
    The side shelves provide plenty of area to work, and it comes with a side burner and a burner specifically made for searing, as well as a stainless smoker box for those who might want to add some wood chips.
    I was also pleasantly surprised by the usefulness of the Clearview window – easy to monitor food for flare ups without lifting the lid, I saw it as nothing but a gimmick when I purchased it, but it’s convenient.

tswoboda

If your budget is really $2,500 then look into Broilmaster Grills. I don’t know how much current ones cost but I know they aren’t cheap and they last. I had a Broilmaster Warm Morning that my parents got from their wedding… They got married in the 1970s

Rick Z
    Stark MN

Does anyone have any experience with the Nepoleon? They look similar priced to a Weber, but have more features and a lifetime warranty.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

once my gas Weber kicks the bucket.

We have a hand me down Weber Genesis from my folks. It’s at least 25 years old and I’ve replace the burners and deflectors twice. Last time I was told I couldn’t get them from Weber any longer. They gave me the name of a grill parts company down South and they said once their inventory is gone, they are done.

This grill was a grand new and now looks pretty tough, but the FW can still burn chicken wings as good as when we first got it.

bowhunter84

I have a Napoleon Rogue 425 (2.5 years). Solidly built grill. Nice thick cast iron fire box, cooks evenly. Will get up to 650f if you wanted to sear a steak on it, but it takes a little bit to crank up the heat that high. Sounds like you have plenty of charcoal options to cook bigger cuts / sear steaks on the right way though. I bought mine for burgers and brats when I don’t have time for the weber kettle or smokey mountain. Fits that role well

Rick Z
    Stark MN

Thanks Bowhunter

I was eying up the Napoleon vs the Weber becasue they seem a little cheaper for more options. My current Weber will get to 700 pretty fast. I may have to stick with the Weber. Also, Big Werm thank you for the idea on the Blackstone. I think I can get that and a Weber for under my budget. Now I just have to find them in stock! I can get a 10% discount on both from Lowes so I am going to wait it out until they replenish the inventory with what I want!

Rick Z

CaptainMusky

Also look into Broil King. When I was going to buy a gas grill (ended up getting a Kamado) that is the one I was going to get. They have the best burner design and are built extremely well. Weber is a fine grill, but this one checked all the boxes for me.

Jeremy
    Richland County, WI

If I ever went back to a gas grill, I would buy another Holland. I had to replace the burner in my old one because I left it on the porch during a storm and it blew over and the burner cracked around the mounting bolts and the cracks were enough to make it heat up slowly. I decided to try a charcoal again a few years ago and bought some $40 unit at walmart and I liked the flavor on burgers, steak, and chicken enough that I quit using it and gave the Holland to my uncle as he needed parts for his.

I used the Holland for a good 16 years and you can cook bacon on them without any flare up but some won’t like the one temp setup but that isn’t an issue once you get used to cooking on it.

stevenoak

Weber Blackstone recommendation sounds good for your budget. If you like flat top cooking. For the grille get the features that are important to you. In a quality grille like Weber, that you can easily get parts for. My neighbor is a Chef. He says always make sure to get cast iron grates. When you get them pre-heated. It seers in the juices of the meat. My current assortment is: Baby Q for her and I and travel, 300Q for company, Weber large kettle for chicken and sometimes steak or turkey and Treager for smoking.

castle-rock-clown

I’ve been experimenting and falling in love with this Bighorn overhead infrared steak griller. It has two propane powered ceramic panels in the hood and cranks out 1500 degrees F. Quick sear and crust on steaks, then lower with temp probe in the thick of the steak for desired degree of doneness. I put my square grill pan under the steaks with my onions and mushrooms to collect the drippings, then remove steaks and while they rest, finish off the onions and mushrooms. It is a specialty item, but when perfection is desired, it’s the cats hind end. Most of your high end steak joints have high heat overhead broilers.

Attachments:
    1. 5D4C1009-723A-4D7D-8C32-7C09FD596D60.jpeg

Rick Z
    Stark MN

THought I would update. Thank you everyone for all of the suggestions. I ended up buying a Weber Genesis II that was on clearance at Fleet Farm for $899.00 I also added the Weber I grill 3 thermometer. I highly recommend it. Then yesterday I pulled the trigger on a Blackstone 28″ griddle with hood. Pick it up this afternoon. Fleet Farm has them $50 off. Now I am ready for summer, except I look outside and it is fricking snowing!

CaptainMusky

Now I am ready for summer, except I look outside and it is fricking snowing!

Just count your lucky stars you dont live in ND. Places over 30″

Rick Z
    Stark MN

I had the pleasure of living in Grand Forks, ND for a year as a young Airman in the USAF. I hated it so much that I put into go anywhere in the world. I didn’t care. Got sent to the Philippines. Much better weather until the volcano ruined everything.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

THought I would update. Thank you everyone for all of the suggestions. I ended up buying a Weber Genesis II that was on clearance at Fleet Farm for $899.00 I also added the Weber I grill 3 thermometer. I highly recommend it. Then yesterday I pulled the trigger on a Blackstone 28″ griddle with hood. Pick it up this afternoon. Fleet Farm has them $50 off. Now I am ready for summer, except I look outside and it is fricking snowing!

Congrats on the updated cooking arsenal. You should be set for a long time. Keep us posted on how you like that Blackstone.

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.