Grey Wolf Wheel houses

• trytoofish
    sw Mn.

Im not looking for a ford / chevy debate. But if you own or have owned one of these I would very much like to know your opinion/ expearance with this wheel house. and if you had any serious issues. Thanks

Fishman769

This summer I decided to go for it a purchase one, we got the 17mp model with the wood interior. Over the summer we took it on dozens of camping trip and every thing worked out great. Now the winter we have already spent 3 nights in it and I am more than amazed with the performance. You will find some reviews online that talk about the lack of insulation on older models, but it is very odvoious on the ice that the problem has been solved. Heated up great last week when it was -15

trytoofish
    sw Mn.

This summer I decided to go for it a purchase one, we got the 17mp model with the wood interior. Over the summer we took it on dozens of camping trip and every thing worked out great. Now the winter we have already spent 3 nights in it and I am more than amazed with the performance. You will find some reviews online that talk about the lack of insulation on older models, but it is very odvoious on the ice that the problem has been solved. Heated up great last week when it was -15

Is yours a single or tandem Axel? If Its a single, How does it tow? much fish tailing?
    Thanks for the reply

Fishman769

Single axle 17ft plus v. It tows very well. There is some fish tailing but that is to be expected when towing something that large

Mike S.

I have a 2017 16GR model and it has been a good house so far. No real major issues. There are some small things that I have fixed but over all for the price I could not pass it up. It pulls very well and the dry weight is only 3800 pounds. Total max loaded weight is 5200 pounds or so. I know the 2019’s do not have the big bay window in the back like I have on mine. I like the bay window but it does get a little cool in the back because of it. The new ones should be nice and toasty warm. The 40,000 BTU furnace will heat it up quick.

Mike S.

Your welcome. Keep us posted on what you decide. I know AC Nelson is have a big 100 year sale you might be able to get a good deal there.

holmsvc
    SE ND

I am thinking about getting a grey wolf, just wanted to see if everyone is still happy with theirs.

holmsvc
    SE ND

How well did they seem insulated? Sounds like the older ones had some issues…

trytoofish
    sw Mn.

I ended up buying an Ice castle. Looking forward to using it this winter. we have summer camped with it a few times. very satisfied so far.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.