Green Lake

• Backtroller
    North Dakota

Well Green is pretty hot. Last night my Dad who is visiting from California, my 5 and 2 yr old sons and I had the trip of the summer! We boated 8 walleyes, 4 smallie, 5 northerns and a 5″ sunny who went after a large floating rap! Even through the adversity of my two year old pulling a hook through my index finger, my father making bird nests in my bait casters and my five year old running through the boat like it was his personal play-yard and the bug hatch finally running us off the water, we were in tears laughing at ourselves! We put every combination we could get thourhg into the water with no luck until we went to silver shads agressively pumped at 2.5 mph over 12-13 feet of water. We keyed on the transitions from deep water to the tops of the castle flats and BANG! The ‘eyes were so agressive that we could not tell what they were until we got them to the boat. The biggest ‘eye, a 27″ brute, is still swimming in Green but her picture is in the camera!

As a side note, I stopped in at Mel’s to fuel up and when I asked about the bite, an employee, standing in front of his bait tanks and bait coolers filled with live bait, told me that the bite was a crank bite. What a great guy and that honesty and genuine assistance has earned all of my business in the future!

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

I love the story !!

Those are the times you’ll soon not forget

The trip with 3 generations on the water should be cherrished forever. Take lots of pictures when you can and feel free to post all you want on the site !!

Thanks for sharing your story with us and I’ll look for the pix.

rippinpigs
    Apple Valley, MN

Glad to see somebody got some ‘eyes out of that lake. I have tried many times… and couldn’t get ONE. Congrats!

Fife
    Ramsey, MN

I fished Green plenty of times and I the biggest walleye I have ever seen was a 27 incher. You should send a picture of that monster to Mel’s so they can put it on their board. You have to brag about a fish like that.

Backtroller
    North Dakota

Well there is a first for everything! I have never had a fish displayed before, I will send the picture to Mel’s! BTW, does anyone know who might have given me help at Mel’s? He is a tall, thin guy who said he normally works “on the other side of the store.”

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.