GREAT SPEECH – Change your life today

• fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Saw this this morning and thought I’d share it here. Some Great life lessons in it. I wish things like this would be shown in schools. Maybe a lesson to go with it on who the Navy Seals are and what they and all military members had done and given for this country. It is a little long ( 6 Minutes ) but I think well worth the time watching.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Yup, Make your bed speech. Very, Very Good!

wirivereyes
    Central WI

Admiral McRaven also has a book out with the same title. A really good read as well.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Admiral McRaven also has a book out with the same title. A really good read as well.

I may have to find that. I bet it would be a Great Read. I use to do a lot of reading, but got out of the habit. Maybe reading this book would jumpstart me to get back into reading again.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

It looks like he has 4 or 5 books he’s written.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Admiral McRaven is one of my favorites to reflect upon when life circumstances are tough.
    “It’s not just about holding people accountable, it’s making sure the people around you understand that their effort is worthwhile.”

This quote is from about 10 years ago and came to me when I needed that reminder the most. I was falling into a path of over-driving subs and vendors and losing sight of the end goal. I was being consumed with “more” at the expense of others. When I really thought about this, I understood my previous success was the result of inspiring – not demanding.

However, my favorite is the Bear, Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf. Listening to him speak in general is very inspiring. No excitement or extreme dramatic deliveries. Just sounds like the average guy talking about what’s relevant. Like McRaven and the few others that are so inspiring always gives encouragement to people by giving them self worth, a sense of belonging, and respecting them.
    “Leadership is about people. Effective leadership is about building relationships.”

jagermeister
    NW Ontario

Watched the video. My task for the day.
    Worth every minute.

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

Thanks for posting

icefanatic11
    Birnamwood, WI

I show this very video to my students in the classroom each and every year, I combine this with a unit on character, service, and empathy. Repeatedly at my end of the year student evaluations, many of my students cite loving that mini unit featuring McRaven.

Absolutely loved his book as well. Probably a top 3 read in my book. Behind the likes of “The things they carried,” by Tim O’Brien and “The only way I know,” by Cal Ripken Jr. That triumvirate of books, makes me want to be a better person, teacher, husband, and American in so many ways.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.