Great deal on Strikemaster 40V

• Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

I’ve been “jonesing” for this auger since they were first introduced a couple years ago.

Not being a need, rather more of a want…I’ve held off as limited finances have allowed.

Finally came across this deal at over $100 off the consistent retail price of $549.

$435 for this with free shipping. I finally pulled the trigger and ordered one.

Hope it pans out, I’ll report back if/when I get it with on-ice experience. smile

http://www.rgsportsandoutdoors.com/product-page/lithium-40v-auger

eyeguy507
    SE MN

thats a good deal there!

tbro16
    Inactive
    St Paul

Been snooping for deals on ice bibs myself but saw that the 40v is $440 at scheels and a backup 40v battery is down to $50 with the purchase of an auger.

B-man

Marine General had them for $412 last week. The sale might officially be over but Russ will still honor the price.

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

Marine General had them for $412 last week. The sale might officially be over but Russ will still honor the price.

I just checked Marine General website, they’re listed now of $439. Not sure if they’d still honor the $412 price, maybe…maybe not. Either way $439 is $110 of the MSRP as it looks like now other retailers are following suit.

You paid too much!
    https://www.kiconic.com/strikemaster-power-electric-auger-lithium-40v

I wonder how many suckers get reeled in by some of these sites. There are so many out there.

In this case, if it looks too good to be true, it most likely is.

$90….??

I’ll make you an offer. Go ahead and order one. When/if you get it, I’ll double your money and buy it from you for $180.

I see this company’s address is…

© 2020 No. 374, Yanning Road, Yannan street, Chengguan District, Lanzhou City, Gansu Province, 730030 China.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

I’ve been “jonesing” for this auger since they were first introduced a couple years ago.

Not being a need, rather more of a want…I’ve held off as limited finances have allowed.

Finally came across this deal at over $100 off the consistent retail price of $549.

$435 for this with free shipping. I finally pulled the trigger and ordered one.

Hope it pans out, I’ll report back if/when I get it with on-ice experience. smile

http://www.rgsportsandoutdoors.com/product-page/lithium-40v-auger

That’s the best price I’ve seen since the Ice Show in St. Paul. I’m confident you’ll love the auger!

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

After having some issues with my gas auger this past weekend, the 40V is sounding pretty good. In addition to being a finicky starter, my rope recoil got jammed rendering the auger useless without a torque bit to open it up and untangle it (and it’s happened before too). Thanks for the heads up Andy.

I do wonder about the life expectancy of the batteries though..

bigcrappie
    Blaine

I love my 40v coming from a gas auger.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

I do wonder about the life expectancy of the batteries though..

I’m on my 4th season with the same batteries (1st year of testing + 3 years of retail availability). I haven’t had any issues. No loss of power over when they were new. And I’ve used the $%&!! out of them. waytogo

vinella

Haven’t checked this week but on Cabela’s website last week they had the Strikemaster 40v with a 2nd battery for $449.99.

tpmorgz
    Central Iowa

Just ordered at Bass Pro. $413 with one battery, $450 with two. Update, I ordered the two battery bundle and they just sent me an email that auger is on backorder and they cannot guarantee delivery. I tried to cancel the order within a half our and they told me I could not since it was a bundle and the battery already shipped. I guess now I wait and hope to get an auger to go with the extra battery. Asinine.

vinella

Just ordered at Bass Pro. $413 with one battery, $450 with two. Update, I ordered the two battery bundle and they just sent me an email that auger is on backorder and they cannot guarantee delivery. I tried to cancel the order within a half our and they told me I could not since it was a bundle and the battery already shipped. I guess now I wait and hope to get an auger to go with the extra battery. Asinine.

I’m sure Scheels would price match it if you can return the extra battery.

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

How would you have known? Had I seen the BPS deal I might have ordered through them too.

As it was, I ordered last night and just got confirmation my auger was shipped out today from the outfit I ordered from. They are a small business (somewhat local) from Elk River MN and I’m gonna guess they had the augers sitting right in their store.

I think this is where the disconnect exists with “big box” stores and online ordering. There’s greater level of dysfunction with their online inventory. When I looked at the BPS website, it still showed the old Strikemaster Electra 12000 and Big Volt as being available to order. Neither of those augers have been available from Strikemaster for several years.

We’re also seeing a similar issue with the TUCR rods backordered from Cabela’s. neutral

Chuck Melcher
    SE Wisconsin, Racine County

Heck, order it through Scheels on the price match. Then send me the extra battery for $37 )

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

Thought I’d update. I ordered this Sunday night and was delighted to find it waiting for me here on Tuesday when I got home.

That’s a pretty quick delivery.

I’m sure there could or will be lower pricing (maybe) and I won’t get into comparisons between various retailers. Some better, some not so much. neutral

At the end of the day (today) I’m rather pleased as I was debating buying this auger back in November for $549.

Now for $115 less cost I have it for the back end of this ice season.

If anyone might still be looking for a discounted 40V quick, I’d certainly recommend RG Sports and Outdoors.

CaptainMusky

Head’s up to anyone in the Duluth area I just saw last night a guy posted that they had 2 8″ and 1 10″. Pricing was unreal like $339 and $349 respectively. It appeared to be a small outfit, not Marine General, but I cannot remember the name. It only had 1 battery however, but at that price you could get a second and still be money way ahead.

ib_jigged

Fishermen’s Corner, but today they are all sold.

Ryan Gerads

Hey Andy,
    Thanks for the review on here! Our goal is to have the lowest pricing (if possible) but also to ship extremely fast! I think we got your auger delivered to you within 2 business days, which is our goal for every order.

In Depth Fishing Members:
    If anyone else is interested in an auger, we have both 8″ and 10″ on sale for $435 with spare batteries for $79.99. If you want to buy both at the same time, I’ll knock an additional $15 off the set.

I know Cabelas and Bass Pro are having some good deals right now but are back ordered 2-3 weeks i’ve heard, where we can get ours out the door within 24 hours.

https://www.rgsportsandoutdoors.com/product-page/lithium-40v-auger

B-man

I heard about it last night, called them right away this a.m. and they were gone

I’m assuming that must be dealer cost ($329)

Attachments:
    1. Screenshot_20200212-123659.png

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

RGSports Don’t place a link in your post and it will post. Since you are new, the system thinks you are spamming.

Bob Ford
    West Side Mille Lacs Lake

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>ib_jigged wrote:</div>

I heard about it last night, called them right away this a.m. and they were gone

I’m assuming that must be dealer cost ($329)

I wish $329.99 was dealers cost. They took a pretty big hit…

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.