Graphic Replica

• Bartman

Anyone know of any good taxidermists in the Rochester area that does graphite mounts. Caught a 43″ pike and would like to have one made.

duh queen

Do a search under fiberglass reproduction mounts. Graphite fiber is more expensive than glass and the greater strength of graphite isn’t warranted in a mount.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

I had a tiger muskie replica done by LAX out of Conover, WI in 2020. He’s since raised his prices and its not cheap, but the work he does is the best in the business. Last fall he did a skin mount for the new state record pure strain muskie that was caught out of Mille Lacs. All he needs are a few decent photos to do it. You can either have it shipped, pick it up in person at his shop (which is quite a ways from Rochester), or you can pick it up at a muskie expo in the spring. I picked mine up at a muskie expo in Wausau, WI. His specialty is pure strain muskies but he does a fair amount of tigers and northern pike too.

Attachments:
    1. replica-1.jpg

2. replica-2.jpg

Ryan Scholl

Fibertech Productions out of Nisswa did a musky for my dad a few years ago that turned out great.

AK Guy

Fibertech Productions out of Nisswa did a musky for my dad a few years ago that turned out great.

I second that. They do great work.

isu22andy

Pick the fish up local or up north somewhere ?

The SCRATCHER
    spring valley mn

Al Bartz scenic taxidermy. I believe he is in ultura MN. Did my 45″ pike and a 29″ walleye, great job fast turn around

Buffalo Fishhead

This place does a great job:

Artistic Anglers
    5289 Rice Lake Rd.
    Duluth, MN 55803

Office:
    218-721-4900
    800-544-7466

Buffalo Fishhead

bigstorm
    Southern WI

I have had 2 walleyes done by Fibertech Productions and have a northern coming next month from LAX Reproductions

One thing to ask whoever you go thru is how much the background will cost. It will depend on the style, type and detail and can sometimes cost almost as much as the fish (not that this is bad as it can really add to the overall replica)

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Artistic Anglers

This was the other place I was considering in addition to LAX when I had the tiger muskie done in 2020.

Northcoast

I have had a skin mount and a few replicas done by Artistic Anglers, they do great work and plan to use them again. They have done a pike, lake trout, speckled trout, steelhead and a bonefish for me.

I think I prefer replicas.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.