Lakemaster Woods/Rainy info please

• Paul Heise
    River Falls, Wi

Looking at purchasing version 3 of this chip. Do the canadian sides of the lakes have full contour mapped out? Or are they like the navionics maps where there seems to be reandom numbers placed and “rough” contouring? Looking to get a little bettter mapping for the NW Bay area of Rainy and Whitefish/Snake Bays on LOW.

mike-west
    Amery, WI

I just put the following chips in my HDS 10 and here’s what I found.

LakeMaster Woods/Rainy Edition LPWRC03-08
    Everything was high def up to about Nestor Falls. Everything North and Northwest of that lost all countor and high def.

I then put in LakeMaster Woods/Rainy Insight 1.0 (beleive this was the last that was made for Lowrance units but could be wrong with that statement)
    I checked north of Nestor Falls and found both 2D and shaded high def 1 foot contours way north to Soiux Narrows and north and NW of there.
    I beleive some of the ares you are referning to are Islands such as Calvert, Patsy, Fergus, Timber, Annie, High Rock to mention just a few and all these areas are contoured very nice and in high def.

May want to see if anyone has newer version than my 08’s and that are not insight 1.0 and have them maybe look.
    Guessing a couple of the higher end man stores might be able to anwser your question in regards to exact ship you are inquiring about.Fish-lectronics is one that comes to mind or Thorne Bros.

Hope this helps.
    Damn, looking at my Lowrance and all that wonderful water just made me that much more anxious for Soft water season

Paul Heise
    River Falls, Wi

Thanks for the info Mike. Just booked my first trip to LOW and planning on hitting the Canadian side of Rainy for the annual opener trip! And possibly trying Rainy River for the first time this spring! Getting the itch now! Figured its time for a better map chip!

mike-west
    Amery, WI

What sonar/GPS until will you be using?

Paul Heise
    River Falls, Wi

I run a Hbird 998 on the console and a 797 on the bow.

mike-west
    Amery, WI

My $.02
    But the newest verison of Lakemaster Woods rainy for HB.
    Bet you wouldn’t be dissapointed.

bassn7
    Bruce,WI

I have the last {newest} Lakemaster for Lowrance and it’s been very accurate for Rainy Lake on the Canada side of the lake.
    Stan

Paul Heise
    River Falls, Wi

Quote:

With the birds that you have, why not get the ver 4?

People are selling 3 to buy 4 to run Ipilot link, so I figured I would take advantage of a bargin when I can!

Denny O
    Central IOWA

I understand.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.