Mille Lacs Chip for iFinder H2o

• eyecatchum
    Milwaukee WI

I tried reading several of the other threads to figure this out on my own, but I am now more confused than when I started. I have an older Lowrance iFinder H2o handheld gps that I love. I am heading to Mille Lacs in a few weeks for the first time ever, and would like to purchase a chip beforehand, so that I am not fishing blind. My question is, which chip are most of you guys using, and where can I get one? From what I gather, the new Lakemaster chips only work with birds, but there are versions called “Insight” chips that do work? Either way, I can’t seem to find the insight chips for sale anywhere anyways. Anybody purchase a chip recently for the ifinder that can provide some concrete advice? Thanks!

TD Ramrod
    Menomonie, WI

I use mine with a 4 year old navionics hot spots chip and it shows most everything.

fish_any_time
    Champlin, MN

Lakemaster discontinued Lowrance chips when Lakemaster was aquired by Bird.

So, you’ll need to look for a used MN chip.

castle-rock-clown

There is one on eBay type in lowrance Minnesota lakemaster chip

mike-west
    Amery, WI

Navionics premium North would be another good choice and maybe easier to find.
    As mentioned, ebay is a good choice for the Lowrance lake master chips. Yes, you would need the MN chip.
    Once you receive one, make sure you get yourself familular with everythign before heading up as you don’t want to be wasting vaulable fishing time.
    Good luck

eyecatchum
    Milwaukee WI

Thanks for the help guys! I really appreciate it. Was hoping that I wouldn’t have to buy used, but it is what it is. That being said, anybody out there have a used chip theyre looking to part with?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.