lakemaster lowrance

• boos1906

Hey guys I have a dumb question. I am hoping I’m wrong but lakemaster chips are no longer compatable with lowrances correct. If so this really sucks because navionics only has like 5 lakes covered in my home state. Thanks for the help guys

kroger3
    blaine mn

You are correct. If I remember right Lowrance bought map data from lakemaster before it was sold to Johnson Outdoors. So if Lowrance has there chips out it should be comparable data. I do not know for sure because I jumped ship this summer and went to Bird.

Check out the new Insight chips from Lowrance.

These chips are no longer state specific and the amount of detail on the new 2013 chip is probably the best that I have ever seen.

KirtH
    Lakeville

What state are you in?

boos1906

Thanks for the help guys. Justin do you happen to know where I can find a list of the lakes on the lowrance chips

kroger3
    blaine mn

click here

There is a link twords the bottom of that page where you select your state

trapsht
    Rockford, Il

The Lowrance Insight pro chips are amazing!!! I used one on Rainy Lake this past summer, and it put the Lakemaster chips to shame. It showed the infamous back channel and a few reefs not on Lakemaster. Majority of Ido’ers are all about Lakemaster, but I think you’d be impressed with insight pro…just sayin’.

boos1906

I am in central Nebraka.

John Schultz
    Inactive
    Portage, WI

Quote:

The Lowrance Insight pro chips are amazing!!! I used one on Rainy Lake this past summer, and it put the Lakemaster chips to shame. It showed the infamous back channel and a few reefs not on Lakemaster. Majority of Ido’ers are all about Lakemaster, but I think you’d be impressed with insight pro…just sayin’.

I agree. I have sold all my lakemaster chips and switched to the Lowrance Insight 2012 chips. On Lake Wisconsin the lakemaster chips only show about 50% of the detail that is on the Lowrance chips. The downside is that all the unmapped stuff I found on my own that most people couldn’t find is now easily found by anyone.

boos1906

Hey guys I am wondering where I can view the lake list again. I click on the above link and it says the page can’t be found. Is there anywhere now that I can see the lakes covered?

dandorn
    M.I.N.N.E.S.O.T.A.

Quote:

Hey guys I am wondering where I can view the lake list again. I click on the above link and it says the page can’t be found. Is there anywhere now that I can see the lakes covered?

http://www.lowrance.com/en-US/Products/Mapping/

boos1906

Thanks for the reply dandorn. Wow it looks like I will be buying navionics since no lakes are covered for Kansas and Nebraska which is where I fish

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.