GPS for UTV

• suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Anyone use a mounted GPS in your UTV? Doing the research has led me to the Garmin Tread and VV Mapping. I want something that will show all the legal roads in Wis since I need them to connect to different trail systems and basically get anywhere far away from the cabin.

CaptainMusky

Why not just use the GPS from your boat? Shouldnt that suffice?

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Why not just use the GPS from your boat? Shouldnt that suffice?

I have no boat with GPS or any GPS devices that apply.

CaptainMusky

Ah, that makes sense then. Well I dont have any real ideas for you other than maybe use your smartphone and get the onx tread app or whatever its called.

isu22andy

Polaris makes a pretty cool phone app for off road and snow users with trail maps as well . Free if I remember right .

fishinfreaks
    Rogers, MN

Polaris Ride Command and OnX Offroad are the best I’ve found in the MN/WI area for roads and trails. And being on your phone is a plus as well. I ride with mine on my ATV handlebars. Works great.

supercat
    Eau Claire, WI

VVmapping very good for the midwest orv and snowmobile owner has great customer service. I prefer garmin for snowmobile and orv.

Jason

I use the same setup on my snowmobiles as I do the SXS.
    Garmin Drivesmart 76
    VV mapping
    Garmin BC 40 wireless backup camera for the sxs

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

If it’s mostly summer riding and you have a full windshield unit, I’d just get a real sturdy phone mount and not reinvent the wheel or waste more money.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

I have one phone and it supports two jobs. No way I use that. A dedicated device, built for outdoors, that doesn’t rely on cellular is what I am interested in.

Tlazer

I searched the internet to see what others were using/recommended. I went with a dedicated tablet for my SXS. There are several options on Amazon for non-brand tablets that are cheap. I went with a Samsung Galaxy Tab 7 from Best Buy for around $100 and it has GPS. You need to make sure the tablet you are buying is GPS enabled. I have loaded Polaris Ride Command app and also Avenza app and loaded maps from several counties in WI that I ride. Like I said haven’t used it a lot but I liked the Avenza app with the maps better so far than the Polaris Ride Command app. I purchased it only a couple months ago and changed SXS since then, and working on getting all the accessories on my new SXS. I hate trying to look at the phone when driving and this works great on a cheap RAM mount off Amazon.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.