Gotta Start Somewhere

• tbro16
    Inactive
    St Paul

Better get some real nice boat seats. I’ve spent several days in a boat that looks very similar to that one and let me tell ya, OUCH. Doesn’t help that you cant stand for much more than a few seconds because of how tippy she can get either. Regardless, enjoy!

tomr
    cottage grove, mn

Nice boat! Started my fishing out of a 12′ lund, buddy had a 14′ sea nymph. Caught lots of fish out of those boats and had a blast. Great memories still have that lund, it is 42 years old now and still use occasionally, have fun!

Timmy

That’s a great fish catching machine! I have a Lund 1850 Tyee and spend just as much time in my little 14′ w/15hp as I do in the big boat.

To be honest, I think I have more fun in the small rig…..remote waters/camping/solitude, etc….

Unlike a lot of the new shiny big-rigs you see around, how about naming it “PAID FOR”…..lol!

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

Better get some real nice boat seats. I’ve spent several days in a boat that looks very similar to that one and let me tell ya, OUCH. Doesn’t help that you cant stand for much more than a few seconds because of how tippy she can get either. Regardless, enjoy!

I would certainly 2nd this too. Having the added comfort of seats with backs can add a couple hours or more to each outing since your rear end and back won’t be in agony. There are the style you can clamp on to the bench and stagger the front and back to balance out the weight.
    The other nice thing about your boat is that you don’t always have to have it in the water to enjoy it. grin

Attachments:
    1. 0c8d5245cc51107f6dbf183a098a646b-upcoming-summer-plans.jpg

Alagnak Pete
    Lakeville

Yep, gotta start somewhere. Anything that floats is better than being stuck on shore all the time. Don’t have to spend a lot to get out on the water. I’ve seen guys with more money in custom rods and attention seeking camera gear to capture their glamour shots while sitting on shore than they would spend on a boat to go out in with average gear. Insane.

catnip
    south metro

Congrats nice! My first was a 1953 alumacraft 16′ that I put a 1956 evinrude big twin 35 hp on and went like heck. Like every one else has said dont ever sell it you will have the best memories in that boat. And x2 on the name PAID FOR!
    And keep us updated on the customizing you do to it, thats just as fun as the fishing and exploring.

Denny O
    Central IOWA

ANDY!! When did you snap that picture of me?? frown

It is a start! Sometimes the starter is all that was ever needed and no more, Congratulations there youngster! toast

Denny O
    Central IOWA

After I married my starter, and she still purrs like a kitten after over 40 years. whistling

Well I’ll leave it @ that. blush coffee

bigpike

Great looking rig. That boat will catch em all!

Nic Barker
    Central WI-Northern IL

Congrats nice! My first was a 1953 alumacraft 16′ that I put a 1956 evinrude big twin 35 hp on and went like heck. Like every one else has said dont ever sell it you will have the best memories in that boat. And x2 on the name PAID FOR!
    And keep us updated on the customizing you do to it, thats just as fun as the fishing and exploring.

Will do, right now upgrades/modifications I’m planning are: add storage compartments built into at least 1 of the seats, put a new floor in, wiring for nav lights, bow mount for trolling motor, and turning the “wasted space” in front of front bench into an enclosed deck/storage area.

catnip
    south metro

Great ideas. I put a deck from the front bench to the bow and kept my gas tank and battery in there as well as some other boat related items.

Viewing 11 posts - 31 through 41 (of 41 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.