Gore-Tex waders

• stevenoak

Looking for some durable/repairable gore tex waders. Mostly for wading from my kayak. A lot in saltwater around oyster bars. I have neoprene. But a lot of days its near 80 degrees with 60 water temp. Also good for rainy weather. Around oysters, repair is going to be a given. Have looked at Simms. But even $300+ ones, the construction was unimpressive. You see a lot of saltwater guys using Frogg Togg. Maybe just cheaper to toss and replace.

AK Guy

On Simms website they list Tributary Waders for $149.97. Not a bad entry level price.

I’ve owned many different brands of waders in my life and I found you get what you pay for. By far, my Simms waders have outlasted them all, and if you get a leak, the easiest to repair. I upgraded to the front zipper waders (it’s easier for an old man to go to the bathroom), so my 15 year old original Simms are used by visiting friends.

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

Simms. Regardless of model they make the best quality waiters out there. The pairs of Sims I’ve had have outlasted every other brand I’ve tried by a significant margin. I have used Sims waders on three continents and they’ve never let me down.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.