Golf

• big_g
    Isle, MN

$300… Not bad at all ! My wife would ride along all the time… the courses are so gorgeous, she was snapping pics and smelling flowers constantly. She gladly paid the $35 rider fee ! waytogo

Gitchi Gummi

They are pretty evenly expensive imo, unless you have a small boat and fish close to home most of the time. When I had my boat it was usually $100 in gas, minnows and snacks/drinks before I hit the water. And golf or fishing trips out of state are much more expensive, obviously.

I will agree to some extent but the big difference is a lot of purchases for fishing are for assets that retain value (boats/trailers, tow vehicles, electronics, augers, fish houses, heaters, even rods/reels to some extent) whereas with golf, pretty much all of your cash outlays (i.e. green fees) are expenses (not assets) and do not retain any value. Other than your clubs, pretty much everything you spend on golf is a sunk cost. With fishing/hunting, you at least some of the assets retain value and you can recoup some of your investment by selling them.

Ripjiggen

It’s called enjoying life. I would say 99percent do it for the enjoyment of it and not what the balance sheet may look like at the end of it. Neither are a cheap hobby.
    Good grief.

big_g
    Isle, MN

When they start selling golf licenses.. that’s where I draw the line !!! whistling smash rotflol

Gitchi Gummi

Rip, did I pee in your cheerios or something? I swear you come at me with a snarky remark every chance you get.

All I was trying to get across is that balance is important in life, especially when it comes to finances and your wants. Sure I’d love to spend money like there’s no tomorrow so I can ‘enjoy life’ but I also try to be responsible with my finances so I can get retire when I want to… and golf is too expensive for my likings. God forbid someone has a different opinion than you…

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

I love golfing. I played in a league every week at Loggers Trail in Stillwater for about 7 years before my kids were born. Then I bought my boat and most of my golfing turned into fishing. This winter the needle has gone back to golf. A really nice indoor simulator place opened up about a block from my house in December and I’ve been hanging out there most of the winter. Hoping to do a little more golfing this year along with fishing.

Ripjiggen

I do? Guess I didn’t notice. I just found it humorous comparing golf to fishing as a hobby and using expenses vs assets to compare which is more expensive.
    I guess you just happened to be the one that wrote it.
    No problems with others opinions. Life’s too short to worry about what others think of me.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Deleted. I liked TSwoboda’s reply better than this one. -)

tswoboda

Spend money on experiences, not stuff. Life is short enjoy it while you can. Like for example don’t waste precious time posting in topics about activities you don’t care for just to say you don’t care for them jester

Charlie W
    TRF / Pool 3 / Grand Rapids, MN / SJU

Anyone own a simulator? At some point I hope to have one in my garage or shed someday.

A friend/neighbor where I used to live had one in their basement. It was sweet. Hope competition drives prices down.

Gitchi Gummi

Spend money on experiences, not stuff. Life is short enjoy it while you can. Like for example don’t waste precious time posting in topics about activities you don’t care for just to say you don’t care for them jester

riiiiiight… your first post in this thread is about wasting time and nothing about golf. Love the irony there.

tswoboda

Irony with a hint of sarcasm waytogo

Ripjiggen

Anyone own a simulator? At some point I hope to have one in my garage or shed someday.

A friend/neighbor where I used to live had one in their basement. It was sweet. Hope competition drives prices down.

Not yet, but when I rebuild my garage the plan is to put one in. May as well get some exercise when I drink beer.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Charlie W wrote:</div>

Not yet, but when I rebuild my garage the plan is to put one in. May as well get some exercise when I drink beer.

I would love one, but this new place by my house is so close it might as well be my garage. He gives our neighborhood a sweet deal on the hourly rate too. It’s a Trackman sim and I’ve found it to be the most accurate sim I’ve played on.

Michael C. Winther
    Reedsburg, WI

wow, those pics from Hawaii are gorgeous!

we are heading down to Missouri next week Friday to get a jump on the season.
    Payne’s Valley on Saturday, then 4 1/2 rounds in Lake of the Ozarks.

can’t wait!

glenn57
    cold spring mn

Sorry.. rotflol

Attachments:
    1. FB_IMG_1709320304547.jpg

Viewing 17 posts - 61 through 77 (of 77 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.